SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shooting Left
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Left Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Agree keep it simple.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Ask a buddy or known good shooter to shoot them first and see if it is you or the pistols. If it's you, try dry firing or inserting random snap caps into the mags and see if you're jerking the trigger.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on current events, keep it up!

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Trigger control, trigger control, trigger control!

Stop pulling the trigger. Start by slowly applying VERY STRAIGHT, consistent pressure on the trigger. Visualize the trigger in a "channel" and move it STRAIGHT back by applying slow, consistent pressure. Don't "shoot" the gun. It's a mechanical tool. Your job is to initiate the discharge by applying slow consistent pressure to the trigger. Have I said "straight, slow, consistent pressure"
enough?

Increase speed as muscle memory starts to take over and you get on target.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem, low and left, with my P220 Elite Extreme. But my Sig 1911 .45 and my P220 10mm Hunter are dead on.

The 220 Extreme is a .45.

Posts: 11 | Location: NC | Registered: June 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wbpo5l:
I have the same problem, low and left, with my P220 Elite Extreme...

$100 says you are right-handed.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
If you guys don't shoot it from a rest you are only guessing.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
Thanks for the advise and the videos. Now I have several things to try and concentrate on the next time I shoot. Hopefully I get this resolved on the next trip. Thanks again.

Resolve it before the next trip.

Why throw expensive ammo down-range to correct a grip/trigger-manipulation problem? Dry fire. Lots and lots of dry fire. Focus on sights and target as you normally would (there needs to be a target--a real target) and watch what your sights do as the hammer/striker goes *click*.

Bet you'll find the front sight has usually moved left.

Make that go away in dry fire, then go to the range.

Grip: I let my off hand do most of the gripping. That way any tensing elsewhere in my right hand, as I pull the trigger, has little effect. I push out moderately with my right arm and pull back moderately with my left.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Grip: I let my off hand do most of the gripping. That way any tensing elsewhere in my right hand, as I pull the trigger, has little effect.

This. I find a lot of shooters forget that their weak hand is for more than just someplace to rest their thumb. Ive corrected a number of new shooters with the typical low and left problem by having them focus on a strong weak hand grip.

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this very same issue for a number of months. I have medium-sized hands and thought maybe by getting smaller pistol grips, it would help. I tried about 4-6 different pistols and each would be consistently shooting to the left. It was very frustrating.

And then I was able to fix it with one simple hand positioning adjustment.

Nobody on the internet (Youtube.com) or otherwise, address this point directly, but it worked for me.

I'll assume you're right handed. Imagine viewing a grip from above - your hand would form a circle around the grip, with your wrist at approximately 6 o'clock and trigger finger at 12 o'clock.

Hold the gun like you would shaking someone's hand. Now rotate / move your gun grip about 10 degrees counter-clockwise, with your same grip. Now bend your wrist slightly to bring the gun back in line with your arm.

For me, that accomplished a few things: I was able to make greater contact with the rear part of the grip of the gun, adjust the position of my trigger finger, and increase repeatability because I was using the bone structure underneath my palm, versus the meatier part of the palm to control the weapon.

Your mileage my vary, but as an average shot, I'm able to shoot 8 in groups at 25 yards with 9mm, taking my time. I could not do it before.

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post