New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NRA Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
Purchased Life membership last year. Got notification that my membership is due to expire.

Do they know something? Eek

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
At a gun show I went to a guy at the NRA booth told me he could renew my life membership at a discount if I did it today. I just kept on walking.

Why is this in the Pistola section?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got that in the mail, too.

It's actually a gift-for-a-donation offer that's expiring, but they're trying to trick you into thinking it's your membership that's expiring.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
At a gun show I went to a guy at the NRA booth told me he could renew my life membership at a discount if I did it today. I just kept on walking.

Why is this in the Pistola section?

Thought I put it in What's your deal. It's been a hectic week.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It stops once the paper work catches up.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
When I feel the urge to donate to the NRA, I buy a life membership for someone.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have been a life member for decades and have upgraded several times-now Benefactor. I get endless mail from them begging for more money when we have a Republican run government. I am still a supporter, but I am fed up with the fund raising mail and phone calls. The NRA has a money addiction.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I have been a life member for decades and have upgraded several times-now Benefactor. I get endless mail from them begging for more money when we have a Republican run government. I am still a supporter, but I am fed up with the fund raising mail and phone calls. The NRA has a money addiction.

Just request to opt out. What I did when I reached the same irritation level. All is quiet again.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Somebody in management due for a COLA? Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I just read that at those Carry Guard classes (or whatever they are called) they are not allowing 1911's to be used in the auto pistol classes.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I got sick of the calls so I told them to put me on the do not call list. It's worked so far. The mailings seemed to have slowed down too.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
We have a Republican federal government, but many states have Democrat legislatures and governors. Some pretty restrictive new laws being passed/proposed at the state level. So while I am irked at the NRA's constant requests for donations I understand why they need it. What's the saying "Either we hang together or surly we will hang separately"?

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am fed up with the fund raising mail and phone calls. The NRA has a money addiction.
I asked them what the total compensation package is for the five highest paid employees / officers. Total, including salary, benefits, perks, expense accounts, retirement funding, etc. I am still waiting for a reply. Wayne LaPierre -- are you listening?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I asked them what the total compensation package is for the five highest paid employees / officers. Total, including salary, benefits, perks, expense accounts, retirement funding, etc. I am still waiting for a reply. Wayne LaPierre -- are you listening?

Why would you waste your time and theirs? Jesus dude, who do you think you are.

I don't care if the guys at the top make money if they are effective. What do I care.

Keep helping to block stupid bills like another AWB, and help introduce some stuff that helps us like national reciprocity, and I think they have earned their money from my membership dues.

Keep endorsing candidates I like, and give those candidates a boost and I'm fine with them, and whatever money they make. Hell, they may very well have pushed Trump into the victory lane in a few states last fall.

This is not a Trump Thread, but I wouldn't have voted Trump had he not had the NRA endorsement. Period.

Frankly I've seen too many gunowners in forums who seem to want to shit on the NRA. They are not perfect. no organization is. But when it comes to gun rights, they are the big gorilla in the room. Every American knows who they are.

Were they effective last fall -- Hell yeah. Could they have been more effective, maybe, but nobody is perfect.

Please stop shitting on them.

Disclaimer: I've been a life member since 1988, Patron level for about 10 years.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
I agree with radioman, they are not without fault but with 4,000,000+ members they are one powerful lobbying organization and they do fight some important battles.

Some easily found info;

From their 990 forms

From the NRA on the record

According to the following linked article, he normally he receives approximately $995,000 per year.
In 2015 he got an additional 3.7 MUSD due to a payout from his retirement plan.

2015 Compensation - Includes Retirement Payout

Admittedly, I never get any phone calls but about once a month I do get mail from them.
/Sarcasm On/ Then I must endure the terrible inconvenience of having to carry a 'give us money' letter from the mailbox to the garbage can.
That is assuming I have already suffered from making the mind numbing decision not to give them anything at that particular time.
One can also opt-out from having to bear the pain of these mailings. /Sarcasm Off/

Disclaimer: Life member since 1993, Endowment 1999, Patron 2005, Benefactor 2009.

Edited to add where I was being sarcastic

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve 22X,

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I signed up with their Feb promo to upgrade to Patron From Endowment Life. $25 a month till $300. Much better than $1500 full list price.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
I suspect Wayne LaPierre's compensation doesn't compare with that of Michael Bloomberg who seems to be leading the opposition. My impression is we are getting the better deal.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted June 22, 2017 06:56 PMHide PostI just read that at those Carry Guard classes (or whatever they are called) they are not allowing 1911's to be used in the auto pistol classes.

I believe they backpedeled on that now after the outcry.

frankly I see these program and nothing more than a means to cash in. they stabbed one of their long time business partners in the back when they denied them access and the ability to have a booth at the recent convention.'

This shows me they are more concerned about their own bottom line. The NRA program only pays out after a win. Useless in my mind.

Couple that with their recent attempts to undercut all of their NRA Certified Instructors with the "blended training" that's a disaster and I'm getting fed up with some of their decisions. They effectively killed off NRA training in this area.

quote:
doesn't compare with that of Michael Bloomberg

Actually, Bloomberg makes a lot less.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a billionaire businessman, is entitled to a $195,000 annual salary, but refuses his pay, collecting only $1 per year

He's currently worth almost 50 billion. doubt he needs a salry at this point.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They juuuuust called again asking for more money. It's getting old. I think they do good to some extent but the fearmongering and propaganda gets to me. It's just so obvious; I have a hard time trusting what i read in the magazine because it all seems to have the same spin. Then the gun articles - it all feels like one big advertisement...I don't think I've ever read anything critical. not sure why I read it anymore.

I'm glad they exist and I want to be a member. They fight a lot of important battles and are probably the only thing keeping gun rights where they are. But I can't help but feel like they are themselves guilty of some of the same things that they accuse others of as it pertains to misinformation/bias, etc. I don't really feel like I'm going to get an honest assessment from them on anything.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quantum13:
I can't help but feel like they are themselves guilty of some of the same things that they accuse others of as it pertains to misinformation/bias, etc. I don't really feel like I'm going to get an honest assessment from them on anything.

Horseshit.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post