SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Intrigued by CZ, which one do I want? Update: I made my decision.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intrigued by CZ, which one do I want? Update: I made my decision. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow from CZC and it is an excellent pistol. The model I have does not have a firing pin safety which I suppose does not make it a 75-B in that particular respect.

First rate fit and finish and a super trigger.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might also consider a CZ97. Best .45ACP I have ever fired. Far more comfortable recoil than my P220s. Extremely accurate as well.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm going through a CZ fad right now. It started with buying a Jericho 941 which is sonar to a CZ. I NIW have 2 CZs and I'm sure more will enter the armory!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my SA. But if I was doing it, I'd order one from the custom shop or one of the CZ guru's like Matt Mink with the trigger and everything already done, it's not that expensive to do it that way, rather than get a gun, then ship it both ways to a gun smith and wait and wait and wait.....Some of them have guns already done and you just order it.

I have had my eyes on a satin s/s CZ75, but it only comes in DA/SA but I have considered ordering one from one of the guru's converted to SAO.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to hear your report, looks like a great gun.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You made a fine choice gibby for your first intro into the CZ experience. My first was a SP-01 Tactical and five CZ pistols later I still see 2 or 3 more in the future.

Also the triggers do seem to smooth out a bit between one and two hundred rounds.

Let us know how it goes !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The SP-01s are excellent firearms, though right out of the box they really don't have the best triggers, particularly if you're one that likes to stage your pulls. According to the internet Roll Eyes , my SP-01 Tactical's trigger was supposed to smooth out after running a case worth of ammo through it but after a case and a half over the past several years it's still nearly as gritty as it was brand spanking new. And there's the creep that I didn't understand how it would disappear on its own as some had told me that it would by now. But it's still a great shooter regardless; it balances very well for me and I can shoot darn good groupings with it.

The key for me is not to try to stage the trigger, instead to shoot it like the service weapon that it was designed to be. Any pampering of the pull and the grit and creep will drive me nuts. Shoot it like my life depended upon it and it's dead-on fun and accurate.

Congrats on your choice.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
How does the CZ 75D PCR compact stack up? How would it compare to a P228, for $400 less?

I'm stuck on all-metal, TDA (DA/SA) pistols -- and the CZ 75D PCR looks good to me -- but I have no experience shooting or even handling it.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm stuck on all-metal, TDA (DA/SA) pistols -- and the CZ 75D PCR looks good to me -- but I have no experience shooting or even handling it.

I like the CZ, but handle it and shoot it before purchase. Their guns are pretty indestructible from what I have heard. You could do some serious damage pistol whipping somebody with their guns.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a neighbor that has worked on about 10 of my CZs that gave me a 4 pound trigger pull with no creep. TBS after receiving my P-10c he will not have to touch this one! It's outstanding.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't miss with the CZ line, no pun intended. I went with the PCR for my son, specifically for his intent to use it for his CCW. Amazing pistol, felt great, 100% reliable out of the box with a few hundred rounds of assorted 147 gr JHPs. For the personal touch, slapped on some VZ G10s, a stainless steel guide rod, a couple 16 round mags and rubber bumper pads for the 14 rounders. Leaning towards a Simply Rugged Cuda in ox blood for carry.
And, no, I still don't/can't post pics. I'm technologically challenged. Smile

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
gibby, you'll be very happy. Once you shoot it a few hundred times, that trigger will clean up nicely and it just gets better with age. I plan on making mine SAO at some point, but right now, I am having too much fun with it the way it is.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post