SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Intrigued by CZ, which one do I want? Update: I made my decision.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intrigued by CZ, which one do I want? Update: I made my decision. Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted
I've been eyeballing CZs lately and after hearing everyone talk about how great they are, I think I must give them a try but which one?

I think I've narrowed it down to all steel DA/SA for right now. I see a P-10 when they're more populous in the wild in my future but I don't have anything in DA/SA right now.

I think I like the SP-01 Tactical with the decocker only. Am I missing any must have models?

Picked up a standard SP-01 with a safety and night sights. I think I would like the decocker better but the price was right and the selection slim in these parts. I've got it packed up and ready to go to the range tomorrow. I can't wait.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gibby29,

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would track down an all steel "sp01 compact" from cz custom while they are still available. Think p01 with steel frame and beavertail. I really like mine.

Posts: 715 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Decocker triggers feel gritty to me. Go for the Single Action Only.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try one out before purchase. Racking the slide is somewhat different than most guns because of how much exposed slide there is. For me using the overhand method at times was not as effortless as on the Sigs and other guns I own. Slingshot method seemed to work better. I still like the gun, but it is taking time to become adjusted.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Consider the 75 D PCR. It's a great carry gun. The P10C seems to carry a great deal of enthusiasm these days as well. I personally would love a compact SDP myself...

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Easy answer:
ALL OF THEM.

You really can't choose a bad one. Their DA/SA trigger is nice once its broken and the decocker on their D models is for me in the PERFECT spot.

You can't really go wrong with any of them. I personally would stick with the 75 series because they can all use the same magazine.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3063 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have a PO7 that I LOVE and the bad boy is a laser!! Trigger ain't bad at all either!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
Easy answer:
ALL OF THEM.

You really can't choose a bad one. Their DA/SA trigger is nice once its broken and the decocker on their D models is for me in the PERFECT spot.

You can't really go wrong with any of them. I personally would stick with the 75 series because they can all use the same magazine.

qxsoup is right. They are all good. I would start with the traditional CZ75B and work out from there. If you want to carry it, go with the BD (decocker variant). If you want a P-01, go for a Shadow II.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get yourself to a Gun Show where you'll likely be able to handle several models. I was so conflicted by the choices I finally ended up on the classic 75B and it is everyone's favorite at the range.

I figured; I'f I can have just one, it might as well be the plain-jane 75B!

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
75D Compact PCR, P-01 and 75BD are my top three. I owned a PCR and was delighted with it. Unfortunately I had to replace it (don't ask), and due to price and availability I got a P-07. This is also a DA/SA, but is less "traditional" (polymer frame and funky styling) than these other models. I like it, but not as much as I did that PCR. In its favor, ammo runs through it like the proverbial corn through a goose.

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P07. Great trigger and very accurate. Good ergonomics. Only downside is the expensive magazines.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a list, these are the ones i want in order

CZ P10c
P-01 Omega
P-07
P-09

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I own a CZ P 09 FDE, great pistol. Its long, but slim grip is just right for my small hands, very reliable, and accurate. I also like the P07 and P01, wish CZ would consider making a sub-Compact pistol (smaller than the RAMI).

With a light/laser mounted, the P09 is a good home defense pistol, and carries well in a IWB holster in spite of its size.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Sp01 Tactical is an excellent choice. It's my favorite full size CZ.
You won't go wrong with any of their products.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I like all the compact metal CZs, but the PCR is top.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Any of them that says 'Shadow' on it. My 75 Shadow T-SA is my favorite handgun, period, of all the pistols and revolver that I've ever owned or have shot.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CZ P01 is definitely a keeper. It is reliable and accurate. It is a superb pistol.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
transitional period Pre B. all the awesome of a shadow at a fraction of the cost.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Jason now that someone else mentioned it, I think the one I had was a SAO.

It looked great, felt good but wasn't a good choice for IDPA, which I was shooting back then.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am intrigued with CZ now after renting on at the range.

I like the PCR and the Shadow II.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post