SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Non blueing... blueing finish type options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non blueing... blueing finish type options Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
Looking for a finish that looks like blueing but wears like modern finishes. I love the blueing on my M29 but due to the fact that my sweat is like acid I dont take it to the field often....

I want something that wears better but has that blueing shine.

I thought about black chrome and Robar has something that looks close but too black.

Also I am wondering if modern finishes look good over engraving?

Any options? Pics would be awesome

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Looking for a finish that looks like blueing but wears like modern finishes. I love the blueing on my M29 but due to the fact that my sweat is like acid I dont take it to the field often....

I thought about black chrome and Robar has something that looks close but too black.

I think most spray finishes will obscure the bright cuts on an engraved gun. I’ve seen industrial hard chrome (as opposed to bumper chrome) look good on an engraved gun. And it’s a very durable finish, but it isn’t blue or black.

I sent some pics to your contact email.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Have you look into CCR's CPII Dusk? Seems like it's right up your alley.

Edited to add links:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7220098734
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/information.html

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used DuraCoats "Durablue" with decent results. I did a Baby Browning and a .22 rifle that belonged to my grandfather. It does not look like a high end blue job, but it looks okay.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

I think most spray finishes will obscure the bright cuts on an engraved gun. I’ve seen industrial hard chrome (as opposed to bumper chrome) look good on an engraved gun. And it’s a very durable finish, but it isn’t blue or black.

I sent some pics to your contact email.

Beautiful....thank you

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Have you look into CCR's CPII Dusk? Seems like it's right up your alley.

Edited to add links:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7220098734
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/information.html

Pretty close I will reach out to see if they could something in a higher gloss

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Ion Bond DLC in a polished finish, or either a Satin finish.
Not cheap, but ultra durable

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Ion Bond DLC in a polished finish, or either a Satin finish.
Not cheap, but ultra durable

Wow...and wow, $550...nice but....hmmm