SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 or 17 to suppress?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 or 17 to suppress? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I'm leaning toward the 19 as I have a 17 and I just put a set of FO sights on. Is there a difference between the two suppressed? I would think not.

Would the preferred choice be one with a factory threaded barrel or aftermarket? Either will probably be the MOS model.

Flip a coin?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The longer grip of the G17 makes it more comfortable with a can, at least for me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
i have a suppressed G23 (conversion to 9mm) and I don't have any issues with it.
I kept my threaded barrel from my G35 and use it in my G22 (it sticks out some, of course).

Both seem to work and feel fine.

If you got a threaded barrel for the 17, wouldn't it work as an extended barrel for the 19?

I have a slew of LoneWolf barrels (45, 40, 357 & 9) and have been pleased with them. The chambers in their Alpha Wolf barrels seem a bit tight and I had one that had trouble with reloads that weren't fully resized.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'm just looking to buy a new gun anyway. Hahaha. I was tempted by a new 17L for $610 but walked out empty handed.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go with which ever one you prefer shooting unsuppressed. I have both a 17 and a 19 with threaded barrels and I prefer the 19 both suppressed and unsuppressed.

And no, a barrel for a 17 will not work in a 19.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmorford:
I would go with which ever one you prefer shooting unsuppressed. I have both a 17 and a 19 with threaded barrels and I prefer the 19 both suppressed and unsuppressed.

And no, a barrel for a 17 will not work in a 19.

UGH! I always get that mixed up. Of course my G35 barrel worked in my G22.....same frame, basically.
22/17 to 23/19, different frames.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The barrel from the 19 will fit the 26.

What piston does your suppressor have?

Most US 9mm cans are 1/2 x 28.
Most aftermarket threaded barrels are 1/2 x 28.

Glock factory threaded barrels are metric 13.5x1LH

If you're going the MOS route and it's not a carry gun might as well go full size and get the 17.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I don't have a suppressor yet. I'm now thinking I may modify my current G17 and get a new 19 for carry.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bought a 19 Gen4. I'll put some night sights on it and start collecting parts to suppress the 17.