SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone on the fence about new Walther PPQ/PPS purchase? $100 rebate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone on the fence about new Walther PPQ/PPS purchase? $100 rebate Login/Join 
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
I picked up the PPQ M1 last year. I tried to like it - I really, really did.

The trigger, while nice, was not this amazing, glass-rod, super duper incredible trigger that some folks describe.

Not a big deal. However, this was the deal breaker for me:

The elongated slide stop left me wanting to either chop it, or smooth/flatten it, as I would often bump it (mostly down, but sometimes up) because of my grip. Down? Meh... not a show stopper. Bumping it up? Sometimes in the middle of a mag? No es bueno.

Could I have retrained around it? Sure. Just didn't have the motivation to, when there are so many other great guns out there.

Add to that the fact that if I seriously switched over to it, I would be buying new holsters, mags, etc. - That's kind of a given, but in light of the few issues above in addition to the normal cost of switching platforms, the romance was quite short lived.

Great firearm, lots of folks seem to like em, but unfortunately, not for me.

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting a PPQ. Been very happy with my M1 and my wife's M2 we've had for years, as I was with the M1 PPS I had for some time before selling the PPS. I have checked out the PPS M2 on a couple of different occasions and all the ones I've tried had very creepy triggers. The last two I tested last Friday the first trigger had two very noticeable stages of creep (creep, creep, break) and the second one had three (creep, creep, creep, break). I know some have mentioned they like theirs but it seems you are much more likely to get one with a bad trigger than what sounds like the occasional good one as mention by soggy and others in a couple different threads, especially if you order online.

I ended up ordering a 9mm no safety Shield from PSA at their incredible price of $289 before the $75 rebate and because I prefer the trigger, sights, and mag prices for the Shield.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
I put my PPQ up for sale on 5/31 and Walther offers a rebate on 6/1..... seriously?!

Posts: 115 | Registered: August 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Ordered up a PPS M2, been wanting to try one. This rebate was the final nudge.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I was resisting the urge, but the lgs is having a 10% off all WALTHER guns this week. This plus the $100 rebate may be too tempting to pass up.589-59=530-100=$430. This means I get night sights for free! Gun math at it's finest!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post