SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Voluntary Upgrade and Grip Modules
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Voluntary Upgrade and Grip Modules Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
I just got my RMA for my P320 Compact. I use either a Compact or Subcompact grip module with the particular P320, depending on my needs at the time.

I recall reading in earlier threads that Sig has been swapping out the old Subcompact grip modules for newer versions with a larger beavertail, as part of the upgrade. I don't recall hearing anything about any of the other types of grip modules being replaced.

So am I correct in assuming that I should include my Subcompact grip module with it when I ship this P320 back to Sig? Or is there a reason to include both modules?

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
If you want to see if they will swap the subcompact module ship it with that one. I wouldn’t send both they shipped my compact back with the exact same grip I sent in.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, SIG is apparently only replacing the subcompact grip modules once the upgrade is done. Not sure if the replacement policy effects both railed and non railed subcompact grip modules.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
So am I correct in assuming that I should include my Subcompact grip module with it when I ship this P320 back to Sig

Yes.

I sent mine back with my Medium (railed) SC grip, and it came back with the "new" SC grip in Small.

I called SIG CS and they said "Oh, we didn't reach out to you? Sorry. The "new" medium SC grips are backordered. We couldn't send back your gun without a SC frame, so we put the "new" small on it. I'll take your name and when the mediums come in, we'll send it out free of charge. Keep the "new" small SC."

The other grips I sent in came back unchanged.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sent mine back with my Medium (railed) SC grip, and it came back with the "new" SC grip in Small.

Same here, but I received a formal backorder form by email.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My SC came back with the newer beaver tail version. I had multiples of the small and medium SC modules and they swapped them all out. That was about 2 months ago. Call them if you aren’t sure.

I would send it in with the SC for the swap. Nothing changes on the bigger grips.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post