SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What aftermarket glock trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What aftermarket glock trigger? Login/Join 
posted
I’m looking to improve the gen4 trigger in my gen4 g20. It’s just mushy in the initial pull compared to my gen3 guns.

I suppose I don’t really need a whole new trigger, maybe just a different connector or something.

What have all you here done to address the gen4 trigger? It’s not terrible or anything but like I said the initial pull feels harder than on my gen 3 triggers.

Thanks!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have tried just about every 4th gen trigger there is

I really like the Apex stuff

The agency and Suarez stuff would probably be next

Then the zev stuff (the triggers gave me blisters)

Of note, the apex stuff is also the cheapest (win)

I should also add that my experience was with the 9mm glocks. Some manufacturers don’t make all their stuff for the large frame guns (20;21;29;30 etc). So I apologize in advance if some of my suggestions are invalid for that reason

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I have tried just about every 4th gen trigger there is

I really like the Apex stuff

The agency and Suarez stuff would probably be next

Then the zev stuff (the triggers gave me blisters)

Of note, the apex stuff is also the cheapest (win)

I should also add that my experience was with the 9mm glocks. Some manufacturers don’t make all their stuff for the large frame guns (20;21;29;30 etc). So I apologize in advance if some of my suggestions are invalid for that reason

Thanks kevbo, I also noticed some companies don’t make large frame stuff so perhaps a different connector or something may work, I suppose if I had to, I could even send it out for a trigger job but I’d like to find something I can do myself.

I’m no gunsmith but I have some extra time on my hands so I would t mind buying some tools and getting into the gun.

I’m planning g to use this as my go to woods gun so I want it to be perfect for me.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would use APEX products . Wheaton Arms would be my 2nd choice.

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I like Agency Arms and Overwatch triggers best.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I don't think Apex makes a trigger assembly for the large frame guns. Travis Haley Skimmer trigger is very nice.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the Suarez triggers. Mine are drop safe. They also sell just the trigger shoes for like $20 so if you want to keep it stock for the internal mech but have a flat trigger that would probably work well. For the price I can't think of a better option. I've heard nice things about the other brands mentioned.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed four Suarez triggers on some of my Glocks at $59.00 each you can't go wrong. Their is no trigger bite like your get with the Glock triggers. Also changed connectors on them.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lots of people may disagree but the NY1 spring makes the mush go away and feels great (OK, acceptable) to me.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I just installed an Overwatch Tactical trigger in my G20-4 all I got to say is wow,crisp, nice reset. This Glock is a keeper.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks everybody, Ill be looking into all of these options.

How hard is it do do this yourself? Is this something I could buy a punch set and watch some youtube videos???

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
You only need one punch.
Whatever you do DO NOT watch Lenny Magill's video (Glock Store). You should never need a hammer to punch the pins out of the frame as he does.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
You only need one punch.
Whatever you do DO NOT watch Lenny Magill's video (Glock Store). You should never need a hammer to punch the pins out of the frame as he does.

thanks!!! isthere a particular punch I should get? perhaps glock even makes one.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Any 3/32 punch will work. Glock makes one for around $7-8, which is what I use.
The main points to look for when putting things back together is to make sure you put the top pin in before you put the slide stop lever so that the spring of the lever is under the pin. Also make sure the trigger spring is seated correctly on the trigger bar, otherwise it will bind up if its off center.

https://www.brownells.com/guns...-tool-prod41252.aspx

heres a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HYfqnsjoU

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Any 3/32 punch will work. Glock makes one for around $7-8, which is what I use.

https://www.brownells.com/guns...-tool-prod41252.aspx

THank you very much, I just ordered one.

posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that not all aftermarket glock triggers are drop safe. The ZEV is not:

http://booksbikesboomsticks.bl...17/09/triggered.html

And the SI trigger may not be drop safe either.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...e-trigger-for-glock/

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post