SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    considering a new pocket edc gun
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

considering a new pocket edc gun Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My pocket gun is a Taurus Ultralight in .38.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I pocket carry a Springfield ‘911’ daily.

Just wondering, how do you pocket carry this, as in... empty chamber, cocked-and-locked, chamber-loaded-but-not-cocked?

just curious since I've never been much of a single action auto guy.

When I had my 238 SAS, ( and later, 938 SAS, ) I always carried them round chambered, cocked and locked with the safety on while in my DeSantis Superfly pocket holster. I carried the 238 for about two years and the 938 for several years without out issue.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This P938 with the Hogue grips and extended mag. 7+1 9mm and a great shooter, all pocket-sized.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We have an entire area of the board for topics like this, please post in the appropriate area.

Moved

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I carry an LCP in the front pocket with a Nemesis holster almost daily for a couple years now.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 with one in the pipe, cocked, & locked for nearly 5 years now. I honestly believe it is the best option currently on the market. YMMV

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Glock 42 all day long. Best 380 I’ve ever owned.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P365. 938 before that and 238 before that. The 365 is a big improvement for me in my ability to shoot it accurately and increased capacity. I carry it with the extended mag in my front pocket with a Desantis nemisis.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys have some huge pockets. My 365 is a belt gun and my Ruger LCP is my pocket gun.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Seecamp LWS32. This is a true pocket carry comfortable when wearing shorts, but lacks sights. Point and shoot accuracy good for close combat and personal protection. Made like a piece of jewelry.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
P365 in an SM-5 small Sticky holster.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
You guys have some huge pockets.

My thoughts exactly! Big Grin

I think there needs to be a distinction between fitting in a pocket and being readily and easily usable from the pocket, especially without creating an obvious, identifiable bulge in the pocket. I know some clothing lends itself to being more pocket carry friendly like certain types of dress pants, cargo shorts/pants, and even certain jeans, as well as the overall size of the individual and said clothing, but the largest pistol I could readily and ideally carry (and have) in my typical clothing and sizes in a regular front or rear pocket is something the size and weight of a Ruger LCP or Beretta Tomcat. Anything bigger or heavier than these is a holster gun for me, even my G42. That would include the use of something like Thuderwear. The Tomcat is still my favorite of the true pocket pistols I have carried using a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Impressively accurate regardless of its size, excellent grip for such a small gun, ideal double action and great single action trigger, and has been 100% reliable.

I can't imagine wearing cargo short/pants will help much with bigger and heavier guns as at some point having a heavier loaded gun flopping around in your large cargo pocket is going to make it somewhat obvious you are carrying something other than car/house keys or even a cell phone in there. Not to mention having something chunky bouncing against my leg with every step is going to annoy the heck out of me really fast.

YMMV. Cool

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Pocket carry is all I do, usually a S&W 442. I've got a Kahr CM9, but I never really warmed up to it. If the Kimber K6S ever comes down in price, I think I'll pick one up.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I switch between my Sig 238 and Glock 42. I know some may say you can carry a 9mm almost the same size.....truth is with arthritis in my hands, every little bit helps and these two guns carry well, are easier to wrack and shoot with very little recoil. The 380 has survived over 90 years for a reason.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Count me among the P238 fans. Alone or as a back up to a 1911 for almost 10 years now. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCP or MK9

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys have some huge pockets. My 365 is a belt gun and my Ruger LCP is my pocket gun.

Have you ever thought, maybe it's your pocket that's too tiny? Razz

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Have you ever thought, maybe it's your pocket that's too tiny? Razz

Wearing skinny jeans perhaps? Big Grin LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If pocket carrying, mostly a P365 these days.

For pocket carry, I also like a j-frame revolver, or the G43.

A DeSantis Nemisis holster works for all three. In fact, the same holster seems to work well for all three.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
LCP II. That thing rips. Best 230 dollars I've ever spent.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post