SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    considering a new pocket edc gun
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

considering a new pocket edc gun Login/Join 
posted
For those that carry in your pocket, what is your everyday choice?

Now I carry a Kahr PM9 with a laser

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Far and away my favorite- my Kahr CM9. Absolutely reliable. The finish holds up so good it still looks new. I have been swimming in the ocean with it accidentally and no probs. It small enough to carry in my cargo shorts pocket with a Galco pocket holster. I’m going to buy another for my son.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a S&W Shield in 9mm everyday and have been for about 4 years. I shoot it as well as a P226.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I love the sig p365. I think it has a better trigger to go along with 11 round capacity. Night sights out of the box. Manual safety option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
I carry an airweight j-frame 642. Front right pocket.

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A Ruger LCP is the only one I’ve felt comfortable with in a pants pocket. Everything else goes on the belt. Even the P365 in a Vedder.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I alternate between the Sig P365 and the Smith 340 – both with Crimson Trace Lasers. Depends on my clothing and activities for the day.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I love my Sig p238. I actually shoot it almost as good as a full size pistol. I got one for the lady too because she borrowed mine once and I didn’t get it back.......

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Hands down, my favorite and current EDC pocket carry is the 365.

I've been carrying mine daily at work for the last year +.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Airpusher:
I carry an airweight j-frame 642. Front right pocket.
Same here, with Crimson Trace laser grips.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have carried a 938 daily for 4 years in a DeScantis Nemesis

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
J frame front right pocket

or my wife's S&W380Bodyguard

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I used to pocket carry a Kahr PM9. I liked everything about it; weight, size, capacity, function, finish.

With age came a hand disability and I cannot load magazines or disassemble the PM9 easily. I switched to a S&W Airweight 642 with Crimson Trace laser sight for EDPC (every day pocket carry).

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
S&W340 loaded with Speer 135gr+P Short Barrel GDHPs

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 43, what’s wrong with your PM9?

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
P365 with laser. Before that it was P938 and before P938 was SW J-frame.

Of the three, P365 is by far the most comfortable to shoot and easiest to shoot well on top of having best capacity.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
P365

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
LCP in a Desantis G1 when I'm in the office and doing lots of squatting/bending/exam room Twister. If going to Memfrica, or other less physically active destinations, I carry my P365 in a Remora.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve pocket carried a Sig 238 SAS for over 8 years.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LCP is my pocket carry, actually that's the only way that I've been comfortable with it.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post