SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I WAS a Glock guy...confessions of a Glock man who strayed...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I WAS a Glock guy...confessions of a Glock man who strayed... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK...so for 20+ years I've carried Glocks. I was finally down to three basic guns in my carry rotation - a G17 Gen 4 for duty, a G19 Gen 4 for the desk/off-duty, and a G43 for CCW.

Over the last few months I've strayed from the one true path of Perfection and found some really great alternatives to my Austrian guns.

I hated how the G43 always shot low left due to hoe I gripped the gun from the draw. I also hated the recoil. So I got a M&P Shield 9mm and I shot it better and it feels like I'm shooting a much bigger gun. I sold the 43 and I'll probably buy another Shield...

If I wanted something really small to carry, I went and bought an LCP II, why, because Glock's 42 is just not really all that small.

Then, egads I took the big fall...I looked at the P320 compact. I thought, it's just looking, what really could go wrong... Then I bought one...and my G19 seems to have been left in the safe more and more... Plus recently I had a Kaboom with the P320 (ammo related) and the gun held up like a tank. My G19 would have left me a little bloody if it had been the one I was shooting. The more I play with the P320 Compact the more I like it.

Oh how I've strayed...

The G17 is still my duty gun...but I saw a P320 Full Size... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
OK...so for 20+ years I've carried Glocks. I was finally down to three basic guns in my carry rotation - a G17 Gen 4 for duty, a G19 Gen 4 for the desk/off-duty, and a G43 for CCW.

Over the last few months I've strayed from the one true path of Perfection and found some really great alternatives to my Austrian guns.

I hated how the G43 always shot low left due to hoe I gripped the gun from the draw. I also hated the recoil. So I got a M&P Shield 9mm and I shot it better and it feels like I'm shooting a much bigger gun. I sold the 43 and I'll probably buy another Shield...

If I wanted something really small to carry, I went and bought an LCP II, why, because Glock's 42 is just not really all that small.

Then, egads I took the big fall...I looked at the P320 compact. I thought, it's just looking, what really could go wrong... Then I bought one...and my G19 seems to have been left in the safe more and more... Plus recently I had a Kaboom with the P320 (ammo related) and the gun held up like a tank. My G19 would have left me a little bloody if it had been the one I was shooting. The more I play with the P320 Compact the more I like it.

Oh how I've strayed...

The G17 is still my duty gun...but I saw a P320 Full Size... Roll Eyes

I know what you mean. I have carried a G19 for years and for the past few weeks have been carrying the P320 compact.
From IWB concealment, the only compliant I have with the P320 compact is the beaver tail.
I know it's less pronounced in the sub compact, which is more comparable to a G26. But comparing to G19, the G19 has no beaver tail if it's not sporting the back straps.
When driving I have to re position the P320 so the beaver tail isn't stabbing my gut which is a non issue with my G19.
Until I get a sub compact module I'll be switching from G19 to P320 depending on how much driving I plan on doing that day.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
funny, I had a 320 and sold it for a g 19 rtf2 then bought a 32 23 30s 43 19 gen 2 and next week a 42 I no longer have any sigs. whatever works for you is the gun you should own. Glad we have so many choices.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My only Glorp is a G23, it is one of the easiest guns to CCW in a large caliber, high capacity.

I've thought long and hard about getting rid of that "fantastic plastic", but it just can not be beat for certain conditions.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I at one time owned a large number of Glocks, EDC'd a G32 for years. Down to just a very few now and can't see expanding that stable again. I do believe the M&P Shield to be the softer shooter than the G43 and that the G42 is a tack driver in 380. I've tried to like the P320. There's just something about the grade of polymer Sig uses in this line that feels, cheap.

I have had a love / hate understanding with the M&P line of pistols over the years. I like the size of the Compacts. Sort of a tweener in size between a G26 and G19. The post 2013 9mm pistols fixed the accuracy challenges with new barrels and R of T. S&W also made subtle changes that made the trigger serviceable. Although Apex is still the way to go. Smith has also took a page from Glocks playbook with respects to marketing, they kept the prices of the mags reasonable!

>>>>>>> To other pistol pmakers, If you want to sell pistols in the US market, make your accessories both accessable and reasonably price!

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post