SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite non-1911 45?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite non-1911 45? Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Hk MK23 is the only one i own. Im not a 45 fan. But i briefly had a reverse-two-tone p220ST CPO that i miss. It was fun and beautiful.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Mine is the 220. Waiting on a Legion to show up at the LGS.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220, P245 and USP'S

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My model of 1989 S&W 625-3.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I just sold my only 1911, and now find myself looking to replace it with another 45 that *isn't* a 1911.
I have made a habit over the years of collecting non-1911 .45 pistols.

The 4516 was my CCW for many years. It is the perfect pistol if all you are worried about is reliable function. I have never managed to have a malfunction with it through thousands of rounds. You can even pull off the "feeds empties" trick with it if you are so inclined.

Once I got the P245, I couldn't believe how little it weighed compared to the 3rd Gen boat anchor, which got retired. This was my first SIG and really jump-started my interest in the classic pistol line.

The CZ-97B is a first-year model (Serial #A23XX) that originally came in blue. I had Mahovsky Metalife applied to it when the bluing started to show its age. It is an absolute pussy-cat at the range due to its weight. Those grips have a prominent swelling at the base that helps lock in your grip.

I got the P9S in trade for a S&W 4536 (the compact version of their SIG P220-esque model) just because I liked the way it looked. It is ridiculously easy to shoot well due to the way is sits down in your hand and a very light single-action trigger. I don't shoot it much because it is somewhat fragile and the magazines are unbelievably scarce. I actually picked up a couple of spares from Tom Mayo (yes, THAT Tom Mayo) when he moved on to another pistol.

With all of that as prelude, my choice for a non-1911 today would probably be something from the P220/227 family. I particularly like the P220 SAS Gen2 Carry.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hk usp

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I had some trouble with the DA/SA mechanism of SIG's when I first started with them, then migrated to XD's, HK's, and finally 1911's, for a number of years. I just recently returned to the SIG family for a .45, with the Stainless Elite P220, and have finally mastered "trigger prep". So I would have to say a P220, bar none, for a carry .45. At last week's match, I actually made a cloverleaf, or "triple", for a "three shots on target @20 yards", which included the first round DA pull. The other two targets, all SA, were not quite as good. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P220 for me. Have two old schoolers: one from the 80s (heel mag) and one from the 90s.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
If I could ever find one when I had the coin, I would love to get my hands on a Beretta Cougar in 45acp

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
It's hard to pick just one, so.... HK45, P220, USP45

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Other than the 1911? I would say CZ97 and HK45.

I would like to say HK Mk23, but I have never shot one in real life....only in video games.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Glock 21. If I were an LEO allowed to pick my sidearm, it would be my choice for sure.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

That is badass 46and2!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This one!

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Current .45 favs:
1. Walther PPQ 45
2. S&W 45 Shield
3. G21 1st issue
...and 4.:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220ST Langdon Tactical Technology custom, Warren Rear, Dawson fiber optic front sight, incredible trigger, LTT suede lined kydex holster.
Sorry, still don't do pics...

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
S&W 4506

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
S&W 625 Mountain Gun, followed closely by my SIG P220 Carry.

DSCN0669 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
USP 45. With the HK45 a close second. Once you shoot one you'll get it.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post