SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gray Guns SRT and EDC kits on P226R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gray Guns SRT and EDC kits on P226R Login/Join 
posted
I have a Sig P226R about 10 years old. I was originally thinking about sending it off to Gray Guns but then I saw the SRT and EDC kits at Top Gun Supply. Would installing both of those kits be about equivalent to sending it to Gray Guns? Also, do those two kits play well together?

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I have two of the EDC/SOT kits. One in a 226 and the other in a 229.
Both already have a Sig SRT.
I have an Armory Craft hammer in each and the short base E2 strut. One of the struts is the SA Superstrut.
Both come in at 6.5 DA and 3.5 SA with the 226 using a 19# mainspring and the 229 using a 20# spring.
Very smooth with zero creep.
The EDC has been replaced with the ELS system that now includes the 220.
I'll be getting one of the newer ones for my other 229.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I put the EDC in my 229. It works as advertised and I'm very happy with the results.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up, I see SRS and SRT kits for the P226, any preference???

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
I have a Sig P226R about 10 years old. I was originally thinking about sending it off to Gray Guns but then I saw the SRT and EDC kits at Top Gun Supply. Would installing both of those kits be about equivalent to sending it to Gray Guns? Also, do those two kits play well together?

Thanks!

Hi! These two kits were designed to be fully cross-compatible with each other, as well as with our other Grayguns and SIG SAUER components. I invite you to check out Grayguns.com, and see our complete line of high grade performance components for Classic Line pistols. If there’s something you’d like to try, please email me at bruce@grayguns.com, and I’ll have something sent for you to test as a favour.

Thanks for the generous comments, folks! I greatly appreciate it.

Merry Christmas!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post