SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about selling my 220 and buying a 320 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about selling my 220 and buying a 320 45 Login/Join 
Picture of 64TI
posted
What are the disadvantages if any. I like the 220 a lot but the versatility of the new Sig is hard to pass up. I can buy at the PX without taxes and have money left over for a nice holster and magazines. Held one today and feels great. Looking for opinions. I have a railed lower now with folded steel upper internal extractor night sights and about 1K down the tube. Thanks.

"Buzzards got to eat, same as worms"

Posts: 785 | Location: Oklahoma City. Oklahoma | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have both, so I cannot say buy one over the other. The 320 can hold more and the ease of taking it apart/cleaning it would be advantages. The 220 just looks sweet to me and feels right in my hands.

The P220 is my favorite all time gun, and I have five. With that being said, I bought a P320 Compact 45 2 months ago and love it as well.

The 320 has become my EDC for my vehicle and I shoot the 220's when I get to the range every once in awhile.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I can see where the 320 may be more versatile with the replaceable grip module and larger magazine capacity.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a P320 in 9mm for a month or so - and didn't have any problems with it. That said, I don't think the P320's hold their value very well. More than a few available on the local trading site here for beaucoup discounts. I don't think you'll ever see a P220 being sold for such a big loss. Your P220 will still be worth a lot of money 10 years from now. Keep in mind that SIG dropped the P250 - I know, I have one ... Frown

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are active duty, it would make a lot of sense to have a copy of your duty sidearm. I understand you may not be able to keep both at this time, but P220's will be around for a long while. I say go for it!

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I like the P320 in all flavors. For the 45 if they would hurry up and release the compact/medium shell it would move into being carried. As it is the small and the large are just a bit too much of each.

But I'd keep the P220 and save up for the P320.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
My Carry gun is mostly a Sig 290 RS or SW 64. This would be owb pistol.

Posts: 785 | Location: Oklahoma City. Oklahoma | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ain't nothing like a classic P-series! Get a classic first then whatever else. Just sayin.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I was at the local store eyeing a P320 in 45 and a few P220's after handling them all and feeling the trigger and reset I went with a P220 Scorpion (sweet gun!)
The store manager was talking to me and said the same thing as some posts above, go with the classic P series.
I'm glad I did that Scorpion 220 shoots so nice.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
don't know that I would be able to accurately shoot 45 compact 320.....from recent unexpected lessons I've come to realize my own window of comfort/accuracy is more related to gun mass than I wanted to admit. And there's nothing more annoying than a handgun I can not manage adequate POA/POI relationship.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Carbon steel slide 220's with railed frames aren't that plentiful. I would not do that deal. 320's are just ok in my book and the 220 is a classic for a reason.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I have and really like both.

A P320F 45acp is my daily carry at work. It gets banged up during the course of the day, but I don't really care - it's plastic, inexpensive, and just a tool. It's one of the softest shooting 45's that I've shot, and it fits me perfectly. With a set of X-Ray sights, it's the perfect fighting gun for me.

There's nothing like a classic P series Sig, especially the older ones made in the 90's and early 2000's. They are sweet shooters and every gun enthusiast should have one, or a few. Than being said, it would bother me if I beat one of those up during the course of the day.

If there is a way to swing having both, I'd try to go that route. It would be worth a hot dog and Raman noodle diet for a month or two to make it happen.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
I bought it from a SBI lt. Said he shot it for qualifications and some range practice. I thought it unusual to see a steel slide on a railed lower​. Maybe need to research it more. I bought a Carry upper and use that mostly on it.

Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
If is possible, you should keep the P220. As others have said, W. Germany isn't cranking out the folded steel variants like they used to. Wink

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64TI:
I bought it from a SBI lt. Said he shot it for qualifications and some range practice. I thought it unusual to see a steel slide on a railed lower​. Maybe need to research it more. I bought a Carry upper and use that mostly on it.

A few years back a few 226 and 220 railed German guns came over with folded slides. Some 229R German proofed guns also came over....or back as it were.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
[/IMG]

Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post

Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
These are pictures of the 220 American and as you can see has a folded steel internal ejector slide.
A shooter for sure.