SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Muzzle Brake for 22/45 lite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle Brake for 22/45 lite Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have recommendations for a muzzle brake for the Ruger 22/45 lite?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I'm missing something here, but there a zillion of 1/2-28 muzzle breaks. I can't conceive that any of them do anything as brakes on a 22/45. What's the goal? A mount for a suppressor? looks, length, weight?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I have two: one from Tandemkross and one from Tacsol. The Tacsol has holes all the way around and release gas in all directions--not sure of the effect. The Tandemkross on the other hand forces the gasses up, almost like a jet, and seems to do a better job of reducing muzzle flip. I recommend the Tandemkross over the Tacsol. I have the Tandemkross on my S&W Victory 22 and the Tacsol on my Ruger 10/22--it seems to work better in a rifle.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
+1 for the TandemKross "Game Changer"

https://www.tandemkross.com/22...ke-22-45-Compensator

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I put a Tandemkross comp on the wife’s 22/45 Lite and it does make a difference. Is it needed? No. A barrel weight may be overall better as the gun is so light it takes more concentration to hold it steady for me, compared to my MKII Slabside.

It does make the gun louder and leads up pretty good. I’ve had to take a razor knife to the deposits. It also seems to have had some slight grazing of the exit, the end cap is not flat anymore but that may just be how it is. I can’t recal if it was flat or not before. I drilled it out one size larger to help ensure it doesn’t get a strike.

It’s fun, a nice piece and worth the $34 if only for the neat or appearance factor.

See here https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...790004034#3790004034

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm sure I'm missing something here, but there a zillion of 1/2-28 muzzle breaks. I can't conceive that any of them do anything as brakes on a 22/45. What's the goal? A mount for a suppressor? looks, length, weight?

Light gun & strong bolt = muzzle flip and yes it can happen on a 22lr when shooting fast follow-up that are accurate.

Now if I could only get a compensator for my P30L like John Wick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Get the Tandemkross, you’ll like it.

For me, one of the reasons I bought it is the increased noise as the shot timer picks it up better.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Get the Tandemkross, you’ll like it.

For me, one of the reasons I bought it is the increased noise as the shot timer picks it up better.

Thanks for the advice Riley, I ordered one and look forward to getting it. My 22/45 light with her primary arms red dot is now a fun gun to shoot. I like it now almost as much is my 9 mm. The Ruger 22/45 light looks great, the red.makes it fun, and with the compensator it will even get better. Happy shooting.

posted Hide Post
Do report how the Tandemkross compensator works for your wife on 22/45 Lite (Mark IV?).

My wife shoots 22/45 Lite Mark IV with red-dot-sight. Great training aid as any deviation from fundamentals becomes apparent.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chris240
posted Hide Post
http://www.maddmacsprecisionta...te-compensators.html

I have two from this company....about anything you could want.

Posts: 644 | Location: Cedar Falls, IA | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the Tandemkross combination compensator and muzzled on my Ruger 22/45. It helps provide proper weight for the gun since the pistols a bit light and also looks great on it. I believe I have benefited some with my groupings from the device but not a unique amount. For $35 it was well worth the money.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
A head up, it can get the front glass of the red dot dirty. I had not noticed it until I shot a bunch at the indoor range, at which point the outside of the gun was dirtier than normal. Probably just lack of air movement, and the dot cleaned up fine. I hadn’t noticed this shooting outside.

I knew centerfire pistils, particularly ones with comps, use a blast shield on the red dots but I did t think it would be an issue on a 22.