SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 SAS...No Current Manual?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 SAS...No Current Manual? Login/Join 
posted
I was shocked when I picked up my new SAS that the manual included was for the standard 365. Even the online version on the Sig website is the old version. Anyone else?

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't follow the P365 that much, but what might be a meaningful difference that the manual might not cover. as near as I can tell the SAS stuff is totally cosmetic...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I don't follow the P365 that much, but what might be a meaningful difference that the manual might not cover. as near as I can tell the SAS stuff is totally cosmetic...

I think with this one it's more than cosmetic. First off, there's the "no front sight" set-up. Then there's the porting, which might need a special mention or two. Last, there's the flush-mounted slide stop.

I think the 365 SAS needs its own manual. They're probably just a little slow getting it out.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It doesn't need its own manual.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe it does, especially concerning takedown. The manual that comes with it is for the original 365 with the disassembly lever. The SAS has a screw slot, which looks to me to be a pain. Then there is the almost non-existent slide stop and the new sights.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No you don't need a different manual.

1. Sight - Are you planning to swap it out? And, what instructions do you need to use this sight? Center the dot and shoot.

2. Slide catch - Was specifically mentioned in the SIG video that you will need to sling shot it. Using your thumb as usual is out of the question.

3. Takedown - How hard is it to use a flat headed screwdriver? Or a dime? Turn 90 degrees clockwise as usual and done.

4. Ported barrel - Someone mentioned this above. Really? You need a different manual for that?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can turn the takedown "knob" with a shell case rim. Just make sure you turn it clockwise. Might get brass marks on it, but they clean off with bore solvent.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post