SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range day with new G19gen5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range day with new G19gen5 Login/Join 
posted
I don’t know how many want to hear about the new G19gen5,but I do want to make my genuine feelings heard.
I have a new, unfired one that I purchased last week.i did not clean it, but over the weekend, at the gunshow, I had Ameriglos put on, a Sprinco recoil spring and a grip plug. At the range, I also took my gen4 G19 (with all Zev innards), my Classis P225 and the new p225a1(you don’t wanna hear about these,they are stellar without a doubt), so, the gen five was really really great! The trigger was crisp;recoil was smooth and the gun was accurate. It was much better than my gen4 with the Zev guts.
One thing that I solved was the issue of the pinky finger discomfort with the half-moon cut at the bottom of the grip.after many rounds, I figured that wrapping the pinky over the left hand grip solved it for me.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It's a gun that I'm looking at. Currently carry a p229 in 357 sig but am rethinking my edc.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Regarding the pinky discomfort, Pierce grips will be coming out with a magazine floorplate that fills in the cutout on the Gen-5.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is good to know, thanks.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well dern, not be a Glock fan I was looking forward to hearing that it fell apart on the 5th round fired or such.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Well dern, not be a Glock fan I was looking forward to hearing that it fell apart on the 500,000th round fired or such.....

Fixed it for ya. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I still haven’t shot mine yet. I thought about softening the sharp edge of the cutout with a strip of emery cloth, but I’ll wait and see how it feels when firing.

I’m liking the Ameriglo sights. The front is easy to pick up just doing dry fire work.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BT2012
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your feedback. I am going to wait and get one sometime near year. I have a Gen 2 but don't recall having an issue with the cutout at the bottom though I don't think it is necessary to have it.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey I just bought a gen 5 for off duty carry....I who am not a fan of Glocks love this gun...Fqulco is correct...Glock has fixed their trigger and the gen 5 is awesome to shoot....I did not have a problem with the half moon cut out. It did not bother my shooting at all...infact I didnt even know it was there....The 19.5 is well worth a look at for CCW...

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I can't believe that since I purchased my Gen 3 G19 there have been two more iterations of the gun.
I always thought the 19 to be pretty damn good; I just can't imagine what they have improved upon.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than a rail for a light I do not see much to improve on over my old gen 2 19. Most of what glock has done since ( gen 4 modular grip, reversible mag release now ambi slide stop) has been an effort to “keep up with the joneses” on what other companies have done or are doing to keep them in the marketing forefront. Or to put it another way does a 1911 made in 2017 do something different than one made in 1917? Not really. Or a first year production 226 really work any better than a new one built today? Again no.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot a G19.5 recently but didn’t find it different enough from my G19.4 MOS to justify getting one. However I’m considering adding a G17.5 as I don’t own that model.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
*Finally* shot mine last night. It's a terrific pistol. Love the Ameriglo sights too.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post