SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LGS had a Ruger LCRx .22 3" right here in Jerkwater
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS had a Ruger LCRx .22 3" right here in Jerkwater Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
I wandered over to the gun counter at the local hardware store this afternoon, while I was waiting for my gallon of paint to finish being shaken. There in the display case was a LCRx .22 with adjustable sights and the 3" barrel. I was dumbfounded. Upon examination, I found it to be just what the MD ordered for an eight shot, handy, lightweight "Kit Gun". I acquired it even though I think it's kind of a homely little fellow. I've been watching online sellers for these, and was pretty surprised to find one at a hardware store two blocks from my hovel.

Has anyone else seen one for sale?

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker just this week. Great score!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, have not seen one.

Your town is not so jerkwater, the only guns in our small town are at a pawn type shop.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
We could use a pawn shop. There are some 135 miles away, in Odessa.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
We could use a pawn shop.

Why is that?

From what I've saw, you can buy new for less than what they want for their crap. Confused

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not far from the Crossroads of West Texas, Big Spring. I held an FFL there in the mid-80's. Did a booming business in Thompson .45's with a few custom touches and Jennings/Raven .25's. Used to tighten the slides on the 1911's in a vise and slick up the rails, and drop in a decent trigger. Sold the .25's as a "kit" in a nice zipper bag with a box of Winchester Silvertips. Finally had to stop, the wife got tired of cops and hookers in her garage.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
We could use a pawn shop.

Why is that?

From what I've saw, you can buy new for less than what they want for their crap. Confused

Some pawn shops are better than others, and on occasion, I have found a used gun of interest to me at a reasonable price in a pawn shop. I rarely buy new guns.

posted Hide Post
I really like my regular LCR .22 with fixed sights (and .38 too FWIW). Please let us know how this one shoots. I see one in my future. Having the single action option and ability to zero it dead on for a particular load would be handy.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah I been to the area. Lots of stars and solitude. When I lived in rural Wisconsin the local hardware had everything I needed, guns, fishing hooks and the latest style of flannel shirts, jeans and outdoor wear. Of course that is not the rural isolation of West Texas.

You have a good internet connection though.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
I really like my regular LCR .22 with fixed sights (and .38 too FWIW). Please let us know how this one shoots. I see one in my future. Having the single action option and ability to zero it dead on for a particular load would be handy.

Will do.

posted Hide Post
quote:

It feels like we have pawn shops on almost every corner out, but 99.9% of them suck... I think most of them set really high prices and just want to negotiate down, but I hate haggling so I end up leaving. Wish pawn shops would just set a reasonable price and put it out on the shelf at that price.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We've had one come through, ordered in for a customer. Since I started doing the ordering for Rugers for our shop, rimfire LCRs are usually guns I don't bring in as a stocking item. But in considering how customarily crappy the triggers are on Ruger rimfire DA revolvers (as to WHY I will never understand), having an exposed hammer and the option of shooting the LCR in SA is IMHO a huge benefit. Perhaps someday I'll reconsider my take on rimfire LCRs and Ruger DA revolvers in general, but it's not likely as long as their double-action pulls are as unnecessarily bad as they are. AFAIC, when it comes to rimfire DA revolvers S&W will remain our mainstays.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no reason to be a fan of revolvers, but the enhancements by Ruger to the LCRx 3" needed to be evaluated. Seem to be true. May be the first significant improvement to stock revolvers in many decades.

Yes, I have felt S&W revolvers that have been extensively worked-on to have a double-action pull that is very light and smooth. Not from the factory, however.

The LCRx 38Special 3", the LC9S Pro, CCP, and the PPQ-M2 are about the only pistols I have encountered that actually meet factory's bragging.
I may add TP9SFx and it is possible that P10C might be added too. Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for this gun to come out in .357.

I currently have 2 .38 specials. One in 2" and one 3" (that my wife carries).

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post