SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 .22lr conversion slide sight cut info.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 .22lr conversion slide sight cut info. Login/Join 
posted
I have a .22lr conversion slide for my P220, with the rear sight bottomed out, and it is still striking low compared to POA.

Need new front sight, at least .270" tall, but no taller than .290".

Dawson Precision has a FO front sight for P226 .22 classic, with the height I need. However, there is no listing for the P220 .22 conversion slide.

Are all P22x series .22lr conversions slides using the same sight cuts as the other .22lr slides?

I have read that the .22lr slides have different cut than 9/40/45 slides.

Any tips, before i order and make a mistake?

thanks in advance.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I havent had that issue on any of my multitude of conversions.

Just out of curiosity, what ammo are you using.

Do you wear peescription glasses?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I misunderstood you, but the rear sight (windage or elevation) is moved in the same direction you want the POI to move. You mention that your rear is "bottomed out", thus at the lowest POI possible.

In other words, the guns is shooting too low. The solution is to RAISE the rear sight to raise the POI. Please clarify if I misunderstood your Q.

https://www.northwestfirearms....er-rear-sight.20008/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Maybe I misunderstood you, but the rear sight (windage or elevation) is moved in the same direction you want the POI to move. You mention that your rear is "bottomed out", thus at the lowest POI possible.

In other words, the guns is shooting too low. The solution is to RAISE the rear sight to raise the POI. Please clarify if I misunderstood your Q.

https://www.northwestfirearms....er-rear-sight.20008/

AHHHH!

I had brain fog. Thanks!

I rushed my range experience, as I was function testing this conversion and a Marlin Model 60 for reliable ignition and ejection.

After proving to myself that those issues were fixed, I started noting accuracy issues. However, I left my reading glasses at home, and can't read anything small within 3 feet of me without them.

I didn't think the direction through [and had to borrow a screwdriver anyway].

Thanks again- I feel better.

DSgrouse- I was using Thunderbolt and Winchester M22 40gr 1250fps ammo.

I plan on keeping this set up for round nose high-velocity ammo in the 1240-1280fps range.

My SV goes into my more accurate firearms- like the 1958 High Standard 102 Trophy, with space barrel. That is a tack driver!

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any time I can make a fellow SF member feel better is a good day. Smile

Good thing you asked the forum before spending money for nothing. Good luck.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post