SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Ruger mark iv 22/45?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Ruger mark iv 22/45? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Still on my quest for a 22 to teach my kids with. The mark iv 22/45 looks intriguing. I had a mark II but the reassembly was terrible. I know the older ones ran like sewing machines. Anything I should know about the mark iv’s?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard anything bad other than the safety and lci and trigger work perhaps. A solid pistol with great CS. I'm fond of my mkiii 22/45 lite. I also have a couple sewing machines.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
other than dealing with the recall, these are totally solid guns.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
All the mark iv’s my dealer has, have had the recall done, thankfully.

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

other than dealing with the recall, these are totally solid guns.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I haven't heard anything bad other than the safety and lci and trigger work perhaps. A solid pistol with great CS. I'm fond of my mkiii 22/45 lite. I also have a couple sewing machines.

No LCI on the Mark IVs

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Im ok with that.

quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

No LCI on the Mark IVs

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sold all of my MKIIIs recently so I can buy some MKIVs.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I only have a couple hundred rounds through mine, but I absolutely love it. I swapped out the grips for some G10 replacements and installed fiber optic sights. Ease of disassembly and reassembly is an awesome feature. I'm definitely glad I picked one up.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an older 22/45. I never found the assembly to be a problem, if done correctly. Holding it vertically simplifies the process.

Accurate, easy to shoot, all the foibles of .22LR, and decent for kids.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...900024034#1900024034

I love my MKII Competition Target, but the wife’s MKIV 22/45 is almost as great after a Volquartsen trigger kit. The magazine safety was irritating and the VQ kit eliminated it as well as improving the trigger pull.

I’d been having some feeding issues that I e posted about here, but narrowed it down to low temperatures causing the ammo to drag in the mag. When it’s warmer it runs awesome. As well as my MKII.

Buy one, you’ll enjoy it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and posting your thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...900024034#1900024034

I love my MKII Competition Target, but the wife’s MKIV 22/45 is almost as great after a Volquartsen trigger kit. The magazine safety was irritating and the VQ kit eliminated it as well as improving the trigger pull.

I’d been having some feeding issues that I e posted about here, but narrowed it down to low temperatures causing the ammo to drag in the mag. When it’s warmer it runs awesome. As well as my MKII.

Buy one, you’ll enjoy it.

posted Hide Post
It's a good gun, But I'd much rather have a Browning Buckmark standard with urx grips

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post