SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    German X 5s Importer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German X 5s Importer? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I always wanted the nicer x5 in 9mm with adjustable trigger. By the time I had some coin in my pocket, they were gone. Wish they would come back Smile hard to pay those GB prices.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
Why wouldn't they use that brand loyalty to sell a competition grade pistol that is already well known and respected?

I competed in USPSA with an X5 Allround for two years. As much as I loved my X5's I do not believe they are as competitive as the P320's I run now or some of the other guns that are available. Unless you have massive hands they are like holding onto a brick and not very balanced at all. When you get into the single action X5's they cannot compete with the 2011's that are available. They once again lack the balance and capacity the 2011's have.

Are they accurate guns? They sure are but when you are talking competition guns they lack in the support and capacity to be competitive.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
years ago, I imported probably the tenth X-six in the country, this was before the regular imports from sig were taking place. I used Roco firearms technology to do this. They really took car of everything.

Not sure if they offer this service any longer but you might give them a call.

That X-six was expensive, but I sold it for a profit immediately after I received it. probably should have kept it.

They also have rare versions of the P210 in stock.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanR:
years ago, I imported probably the tenth X-six in the country, this was before the regular imports from sig were taking place. I used Roco firearms technology to do this. They really took car of everything.

I bought one of the first P210 Super Targets imported into the United States from Roco. They didn't import it specifically for me, they imported a batch to sell and I bought it from them. To my knowledge, that batch of P210 Super Targets were the first to be imported into the United States.

That was my only experience with Roco but it went smoothly.

I think I paid $3500 for my Super Target.

The importer marking is pretty innocuous. You can see it to the right of "Made in Germany."

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
Cyberiad, interesting point. I don't know how they make the X5. I remember reading somewhere that they're hand crafted but don't really know what that means.

quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
quote:
Why wouldn't they use that brand loyalty to sell a competition grade pistol that is already well known and respected?

I competed in USPSA with an X5 Allround for two years. As much as I loved my X5's I do not believe they are as competitive as the P320's I run now or some of the other guns that are available. Unless you have massive hands they are like holding onto a brick and not very balanced at all. When you get into the single action X5's they cannot compete with the 2011's that are available. They once again lack the balance and capacity the 2011's have.

Are they accurate guns? They sure are but when you are talking competition guns they lack in the support and capacity to be competitive.

I respect your input. I handled an X5 Competition model and thought it was well made and would be an excellent competition pistol. Can you elaborate on why it lacks the support and capacity to be competitive? Also, I'm unfamiliar about what benefits the 2011 models offer that the others don't.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I'm unfamiliar about what benefits the 2011 models offer that the others don't.

The best 2011 out there is made by SVI. If you've ever thought about shooting one, don't. If you do, you'll want to buy one shortly afterwards. You can hit targets at 100 yards the first time you shoot it and even the brass lands in tight groups.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I respect your input. I handled an X5 Competition model and thought it was well made and would be an excellent competition pistol. Can you elaborate on why it lacks the support and capacity to be competitive? Also, I'm unfamiliar about what benefits the 2011 models offer that the others don't.

Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions based on my personal experiences with competing with the X5's.

When you look at the X5 Competition it's a single action only gun so if you want to shoot USPSA you would be limited to shooting it in Limited or Limited 10. If you want to take advantage of shooting these divisions with Major power factor you would be limited to the 40 cal version which only has a capacity of 14 rounds. A 2011 with the right magazines you are looking at 19 to 21 rounds depending on what springs, followers and base pads you are running. I could be wrong but I'm not aware of anyone producing 140mm magazines or even extended base pads to lengthen the X5 magazines to get to this capacity and still be legal. Depending on the stage layout you could be looking at more reloads per stage when you compare the two. On a short stage you are always going to be faster shooting that stage with one mag compared to having to do a reload. If you go the 9mm route to gain the capacity you are also bumped down to the minor scoring factor and have to be very fast and accurate to be competitive.

There are very few good SIG gunsmiths that I would trust compared to ones that are tuning the 2011's and when you look at parts availability the 2011 parts are very easy to get a hold of if something breaks. If you run the gun hard parts are going to break and are you going to be able to get replacements if the X5 goes down. Those were the things I looked at and ultimately why I decided just to move on.

The 2011 is basically a double stack 1911. Very easy to completely strip down and clean and most parts I can replace on my own without having to go to a gunsmith.

Here are my two that I use for Limited.

ETA: The 2011's and the magazines are also very expensive depending on what you go with but oh, so worth it in my opinion.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation. To demonstrate how little I know about competitive shooting and the guns used I thought the 2011 model was a reference to Sig Sauer X5 pistols made in the year 2011!

Beautiful guns BTW. Any videos of you putting those to good use?

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beautiful guns BTW. Any videos of you putting those to good use?

I have a couple of the top gun on my Youtube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ppLI12TY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om-WqU-SxY0&t=2s

There are also videos with my P320 and P320Rx

rbert0005 - Sorry for the thread drift.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I actually went from my X5s to STI for the lack of parts as well.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^Nice.

I tried that same button. First stage, first shot I hit it and dropped the mag. Reloaded part way through the stage and hit it and dropped the mag again.

After the stage I walked over to the safety table, took it off and it hasn't been back on since.

Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

I bought one of the first P210 Super Targets imported into the United States from Roco. They didn't import it specifically for me, they imported a batch to sell and I bought it from them. To my knowledge, that batch of P210 Super Targets were the first to be imported into the United States.

The importer marking is pretty innocuous. You can see it to the right of "Made in Germany."

Absolute beauty right there.......Wow

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:

Absolute beauty right there.......Wow

Thanks.

The scary thing is, if anything, it shoots even better than it looks.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
^^^^Nice.

I tried that same button. First stage, first shot I hit it and dropped the mag. Reloaded part way through the stage and hit it and dropped the mag again.

After the stage I walked over to the safety table, took it off and it hasn't been back on since.

Yup, Did the same thing. I was able to find one of the older buttons without the hole. Plus the aluminum grips showed up at about the same time.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post