SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anybody have an inkling as to when the TLR7 Sub will hit the streets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anybody have an inkling as to when the TLR7 Sub will hit the streets? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Just wondering if anybody had any info on a release timeframe. I know we have some dealers on here and I don’t know if they have more info or even if they do if it is meant for public knowledge but the sub has me intrigued.

As always. Thank you, take care and shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SKUs are in the system but I have not seen them in stock yet. Have them backordered.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you much.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I saw one sight that said expected “in stock” was April 15.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that this light was designed for sub-compact pistola, but is there any reason it couldn't be used on larger guns like the M18 and MK25? The 2.4 ounce weight is attractive.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKSig:
I know that this light was designed for sub-compact pistola, but is there any reason it couldn't be used on larger guns like the M18 and MK25? The 2.4 ounce weight is attractive.

The standard TLR-7 and TLR-7A are the same 2.4 oz weight. No need to wait for the subcompact-specific model if you're not going to using it on a subcompact gun. The subcompact model just moves the mounting point further back on the light body, to accommodate even shorter rails. (In fact, depending on what medium- or full-sized gun you're wanting to put it on, that might even put the mounting point too far back to be used on the larger handgun's rail.)

Plus, it appears the standard -7/7A is actually a little bit shorter in overall length than the Sub model. 2.15" vs. 2.51". Unless that's just a typo on the Sub's specs.

So just grab a standard -7 or -7A for your M18 or MK25.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What Rogue said. The TLR7a already fits most stuff and is plenty small and bright.

I just have a specific application in mind that the TLR7a doesn’t work for and I really like this light(format, switching, output, beam pattern, single cell etc.) so I want to try the sub.

Again, thanks all.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
will it fit in the footprint of the TLR-1 or do i need to buy new holsters?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

If your gun can fit the TLR-1, it probably won't fit the TLR7 Sub since its smaller in all dimensions.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

Depends on the holster, and how it retains the handguns. But usually you'll need a new holster.

For example, Safariland ALS holsters lock into the ejection port and aren't specifically molded for one particular model of light, and I use my P320C with TLR-7 in one designed for the TLR-1 with no problem.

But ALS holsters are basically just "gun buckets". Whereas most concealment holsters are molded around specifically the TLR-1, and rely on a friction fit with the TLR-1 itself, so you can't use a gun with a TLR-7 in those. The fit will be too loose since the -7 is smaller, and the gun will flop around and fall out.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
FWIW, Primary Arms has a 24hr sale on all their Streamlight stuff going on today. TLR-7A for $99. but they're going fast.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK 45C...
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
What Rogue said. The TLR7a already fits most stuff and is plenty small and bright.

I just have a specific application in mind that the TLR7a doesn’t work for and I really like this light(format, switching, output, beam pattern, single cell etc.) so I want to try the sub.

Again, thanks all.

Posts: 11 | Location: KY | Registered: May 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also already a third party solution available for the HK45C in the form of a 3D printed key.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yes and I know.

I actually tried to get into contact with Matt and haven’t been able to.

Also I am just curious how the factory option will play out. I already have a light I am perfectly happy with on my 45C I just like the TLR7a a bit more.