SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther Q4 SL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Q4 SL Login/Join 
posted
Last weekend I purchased the Walther Q4 SL. It was a bit pricey but I have been interested in this since announced last January at Shot show. It is heavy as an all steal pistol but the grip is great. There was hardly any recoil felt and after a few magazines of 124 gr nato ammo I moved the target to 25 yards. All 15 rnds were within a 6 1/2 inch circle. It fits the holsters designed for my PPQ and I am very happy with my acquisition. I do have collection of Walters and enjoy them all. Do any have any experiences with the Q4?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fquico,

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
What was that I’ve seen around here? Wait, uhh, pics or it didn’t happen!

I think if I ever get some dough this may be the leader for using it.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Craig, here is the Photo that it did happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fquico,

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked a Q4 SF towards the end of summer after reading up on it and watching some You Tube reviews. For me the jury is still out on it just because it's really just a range or house weapon, or, a hammer if you need to drive in some spikes. Coming from the all steel ages when that's all there was, to the present day polymer standard, I thought it would be nice to have an all steel gun again to accompany my 1911. It is HEAVY, but, so well balanced that you don't notice that until you put it into the holster. It is extremely accurate, has a wonderful trigger, and, is a joy to shoot. Also, it's a beautifully machined weapon. If you're going to introduce someone to shooting centerfire handguns, this is an ideal candidate for that purpose.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been interested in one as well. Lok has some cool grips available for it. Haven't seen one in person around here but I have seen the q5sf which is also pretty cool.

Posts: 34 | Location: OH,USA | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post