SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can Anyone checker or texture already slick G-10 grips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Anyone checker or texture already slick G-10 grips? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Looks like smooth G10 grips from Hogue.

While I'm mulling over some other options from forum members I would like to be able to repurpose these rather than waste them.

Slick grips are of no use to me, so can I checker them? Or rather, can a competent grip maker, or person who works with g10 put some texture on them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How pretty do ya want them to be? Maybe you can stipple them with a soldering iron? I’ve never tried it but I’d try poking the back side of one to see if it’ll work. Or you can bubba them with a dremel or something but You’re prolly better off just replacing them

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Well the thing is they don't offer P220 SAO grips in the G10 anymore other than checkered Black.

I wont be disappointed if these dont turn out well trying it myself, but if for a decent amount of money I can get someone better to do it I would be willing to pay.

I was also told by VZ that 220 grips are in their plans and hopefully around first of the year we may see something. I am in no rush but I love their stuff so I hope it happens.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have access to a blasting setup, shoot them with playground sand. Not the same as checkering/stippling, but a big improvement from polished.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Would grip tape be an option?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any but maybe a small company that does laser stippling/texturing might be able to do it.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I don't know of any but maybe a small company that does laser stippling/texturing might be able to do it.

That’s a great idea, there’s plenty of places that will do that too. I know of a local place to be called “black rose firearms” they will def. work with you

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
There used to be someone on here I think that checkered sig factory grips. I have a set. I’m sure he could do it. Before you ruin those grips, offer up a trade in the classifieds.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post