SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock custom frame mods
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock custom frame mods Login/Join 
Picture of swage
posted
I have a Gen 3 G19 that I've had for ten years. It hasn't been shot much because the Gen 3 frame doesn't agree with my hand. I own three other Gen 4 Glocks that I own and shoot often.

I've decided to send it to have some frame work and stippling done to it. I've seen threads here throughout the recent years of members who have had custom work done.

I've done some research, but seem to come away more confused on to whom I should use. What are some of the vendors other's have used to have work done, and if possible could you post a picture and your experience?

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I have a Gen 3 G19 that I've had for ten years. It hasn't been shot much because the Gen 3 frame doesn't agree with my hand. I own three other Gen 4 Glocks that I own and shoot often.

I've decided to send it to have some frame work and stippling done to it. I've seen threads here throughout the recent years of members who have had custom work done.

I've done some research, but seem to come away more confused on to whom I should use. What are some of the vendors other's have used to have work done, and if possible could you post a picture and your experience?

I have not had a Glock frame worked on, but I'm considering it. The company that seems to come up to the top whenever this subject is discussed is Cold Bore Customs.

Link

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
If I have one done, it will go to Cold Bore Customs.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Right now you can buy a stripped G19 3rd Gen frame for $75. I do my own. It isn’t had to do I and enjoy doing it. For $75 even if you mess it up it’s not a huge deal.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone has been busy building...great looking custom Glocks...

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Dusty-

Can you point me in the direction of $75 stripped frames? I could use a few.

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool. Wished I had known about the $75 stripped frames also. Here is my latest.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Check GunBroker. I bought a complete gen3 17 frame for $100.

Next year I'm still planning on getting twin gen4 32s and they will go to Cold Bore Custom for fingerhump removal and yndercut.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are some nice looking frames. I wish I had the patience and talent.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Dusty-

Can you point me in the direction of $75 stripped frames? I could use a few.

Thanks,

Bruce

http://www.glockstore.com/Gen-3-Stripped-Frame-Full

They have 19’s and 17’s

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I did mine myself...dremel to remove the finger grooves and then stippled it with a soldering iron...front of the grip only...left everything else alone.

It's perfect now.

G19 Gen3

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is my latest build. When I finished the 26L I had a G19 Gen 3 frame laying around. This is the cheapest build I have put together. The slide is from Brownells. They had them on special last week for $174. I got the slide and all the components for $232 after a $20 off coupon. The barrel is Agency Arms also from Brownells. I got it for $150 after a $10 off coupon. I scored some new Trijicon HD XR Sights for $110. All in all a solid build for the price of a new Gen 5 19.

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've considered purchasing a slide from Brownells.
The reviews I've read have been good other than they don't fit traditional Glock kydex holsters.
Could you confirm that?

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I've considered purchasing a slide from Brownells.
The reviews I've read have been good other than they don't fit traditional Glock kydex holsters.
Could you confirm that?

Partially Confirmed: They may fit “some”, but not in my experiences. Would not fit a B4 Tactical, DSG, Raven or cheap little BlackHawk holster. It did, however fit an older kydex holster I’ve had a few years and has some great interior wear. You could easily land a 747 on the top of the slide without running your gear into the front window. I ended up selling it off, but it’s a nice slide for the money. The finish is good, but just good. The milling is superb.

Dusty & .38super, I want my 19 to look that purty!!!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My Bravo Concealment holster fits perfectly well.