SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 42 mags +1/+2 and brand?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 42 mags +1/+2 and brand? Login/Join 
posted
Having my 43 coated as I've sweated off a lot of the original finish and it looks ugly (I know that it won't rust, but ...). And Old Arthritis is really actin' up in the palm and base of my thumb from the recoil of my LCR.

Which was my excuse to buy a Glock 42 for EDC at least till the 43 comes back.

Now I want to add to the mag capacity, but am unsure which are the best and most reliable. +1s or +2s and from which maker should I buy? Or is the thinking to stay with the factory mag's capacity? Reliability is the most important thing to me (no surprise).

I already love the size and "feel" of it.

Thank you

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1570 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few Taran Tactical extensions on a few of my Glock pistol magazines and they have worked great for me. They are on the pricey side though but you can find them used cheaper. The only thing depends on how used the springs are. Pearce I think makes some as well. I have a couple on my 43 and they compliment the grip.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ETS mags work great in my G42. Not so much in my 43.

So I use G42 ETS mags for everything.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigPacker
posted Hide Post
ETS Mags

Posts: 2981 | Registered: December 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I've got the 'MagGuts' on all of my G42 mags and they work great. They add a round without changing the grip size. Probably have about 600-700 rounds through them without a single issue.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigPacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
ETS mags work great in my G42. Not so much in my 43.

So I use G42 ETS mags for everything.

Whats happening with the G43 ETS Mags? Are you using your G42 mags in the G43?

Posts: 2981 | Registered: December 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I have a Taran coming and the only thing I could find locally was the Plus 1 from Pearce. I picked one up and shot the gun for the first time today.

Very nice, almost no recoil (as is my hand isn't hurting) and my wife shot it very well. I don't know if she would give up her LCR for a G42 or not, but she shot the 42 better than the Ruger. We have a trap competition coming up later this week, so we'll probably not get to the handgun range for a couple more after that.

But if she likes the gun after shooting it a while, her LCR would make a great trade-in Wink.

I probably will try the MagGuts next but the posts about the ETS mags, plus my "research" on line seems to make me think many, if not most, shooters are using them for practice or maybe competition and not carrying them for self defense. Very, very interesting mags, just not sure they are ready for carry.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I use Magguts for +1 and a Taran Tactical for a +2

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post