SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wife is getting into shooting, (Update, Pistol Bought pg. 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife is getting into shooting, (Update, Pistol Bought pg. 4) Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have an XD9 Tactical. Reliable and accurate. If your wife is comfortable and confident with her XD that's 51% of the game.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
What class are you taking together, soon? Wink

Bruce

She likes going to the local Girl with a Gun group. I'm a decent shot but I can't teach her so I let them handle it. They've done good so far.

Good deal. I friended Juliana on FB.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big surprise for her to like one of the XDanything. Wife started IDPA with an extensively overhauled XDs9 4.0. Moved trigger force from over 8.5 pounds-force to 5.3 pounds-force. Replaced rear sight. Heavy, but shot well. Gave it up when pushing the mag button (with an empty mag in place) proved much too difficult. Moved onto a PPQ-M2 9mm that needed no fixing!

Cleaned several XDs today and checked triggers and such. Oiled and owners to place in the back of the safe in sealed bag.

Wonderful to have your wife working with a group! Please provide her the opportunity to indicate to you when the limitations of the Springfield become apparent.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post