SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt Delta Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt Delta Elite Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted

I've actually had it since December but just had a chance to get it out to the shooting range. Its the first time I've shot 10mm. (Up until now I've basically been an armchair quarterback when discussing 10mm)

I must say: WOW. 10mm really wakes up a 1911. I used the SIG elite performance ball ammunition. Its accurate too, and easy to shoot one-handed. It wasn't anywhere near "uncontrollable" as some have said about 10mm. I was actually surprised at how easy it is to control. The gun recoils almost like a Magnum revolver, pushing back with a bit of muzzle rise.

The finish work on this pistol isn't as good as what I saw on my other Colt. There were a couple scratches on the flats of the slide, and the inside of the gun looked almost like the inside of a CZ75 when I broke it down. (Rough and functional). There is no checkering on the front strap, the main spring housing is plastic, and the stocks (while pretty) don't offer much grip after my hands started to sweat. (Although the undercut trigger guard does make it comfortable to hold.) Finally, the blending on the beaver tail leaves much to be desired.

On the functional side, the Colt lives up to its name and heritage. I put 50 rounds down range (both single handed and two handed) and I didn't have a single malfunction. I'm excited to try some of the hotter hunting ammo from Underwood and Buffalo Bore. If it works well with the hotter stuff, this might make a good pig gun. Also, as I mentioned earlier, it is very accurate. In the big scheme of things, accuracy and reliability are the most important factors. I intend to use this gun in the woods anyways, so it'll probably have a few more scratches on it before long.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Colt Delta. I've always thought it would be a nice ten to own!

Posts: 787 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Love the 10mm in the 1911 platform. If you reload then you can experiment around until you find the right combination of bullet weight and bullet you like best. If going for hogs then some of the heavier loads will definitely be your choice. I have a goat farm and am always having to put down sick or injured goats and find for that duty the heavier bullets works best.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post