SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer P365 Flat trigger - side by side vs. stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer P365 Flat trigger - side by side vs. stock Login/Join 
Picture of BullBarrel
posted

Not just 'curved vs flat', but also MIM vs. CNC machined from billet 4140 hardened steel....

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I volunteer to be a Beta tester. Email address is in my profile.
I'll be in Panama City on Tuesday Dec 4 Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems these flat triggers are all the rage and I may actually have to try one one of these days... but I have to say for what ever it is worth... the curved trigger looks a lot better on that 365 than the flat,,,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know how well it works and how easy it is to install when they set me up as a Beta tester.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems these flat triggers are all the rage and I may actually have to try one one of these days... but I have to say for what ever it is worth... the curved trigger looks a lot better on that 365 than the flat,,,

I agree. The only trigger that looks halfway normal with holes in it belongs on a 1911.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Lose the holes to make it look more like the factory P320 flat trigger.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howard Johnson had 28 flavors.
I like the skeleton look in the triggers and hammers. I do not like pistachio.

Posts: 20 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Skeleton triggers are in Armory Craft DNA.

9 SIG triggers either available or currently in production (with new SAO P-series and new P320) - EIGHT of them are skeleton - same look as this P365.

If folks like the solid look they can buy from other companies. Last time I checked "it's always nice to have options" as customers win Wink

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You could make them out of Titanium and sell them for $5 and someone would have an issue. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
What is the supposed advantage of a flat trigger, other then aesthetics?

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:

I can’t answer your question, but a couple of actual advantages of a straight trigger are that there may be more room in the trigger guard, and there is less of a forward point at the bottom to poke into the fingers of some people like me. A straight trigger allows me to shoot a P226 with thin gloves on, and it’s more comfortable if the trigger doesn’t jab into my finger that curves to the bottom of the trigger guard.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
If folks like the solid look they can buy from other companies.

Will do! Thanks!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is more feel with a flat trigger. A 5 lb trigger that is flat will feel like it is 3.5 or 4 lbs. Has to do with pressure located on a smaller part of the finger than spread out. Ideally flat triggers are set up so that the trigger breaks at 90 degrees to the barrel, this imparts less up or down movement of the barrel when firing.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

There is more feel with a flat trigger. A 5 lb trigger that is flat will feel like it is 3.5 or 4 lbs. Has to do with pressure located on a smaller part of the finger than spread out. Ideally flat triggers are set up so that the trigger breaks at 90 degrees to the barrel, this imparts less up or down movement of the barrel when firing.

Oh, so the trigger would feel more like a 1911 trigger then I would guess?

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

I can’t answer your question, but a couple of actual advantages of a straight trigger are that there may be more room in the trigger guard, and there is less of a forward point at the bottom to poke into the fingers of some people like me. A straight trigger allows me to shoot a P226 with thin gloves on, and it’s more comfortable if the trigger doesn’t jab into my finger that curves to the bottom of the trigger guard.

Maybe it's just the camera angle of the photo, but the flat trigger looks like it starts out just below the front end of the take down lever and the normal trigger starts out about the middle of the lever, this would indicate less room, not more?

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Well, when they decide to send me one as a Beta tester, I'll let you know the answer to your questions.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it's just the camera angle of the photo ...?

I have no experience with the P365, so perhaps it’s different. My comment was about straight triggers in general. In a P226 or P320, the important thing is that the straight trigger doesn’t extend as far forward at the bottom near the trigger guard. For me that makes all the difference in function and feel because of how my finger curves toward the bottom.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
You could make them out of Titanium and sell them for $5 and someone would have an issue. Razz

NO DOUBT about that, LOL Big Grin