SIGforum
Sig Sauer P365 Flat trigger - side by side vs. stock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6670069944

November 23, 2018, 03:21 PM
BullBarrel
Sig Sauer P365 Flat trigger - side by side vs. stock

Not just 'curved vs flat', but also MIM vs. CNC machined from billet 4140 hardened steel....
November 23, 2018, 04:16 PM
Johnny 3eagles
I volunteer to be a Beta tester. Email address is in my profile.
I'll be in Panama City on Tuesday Dec 4 Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
November 24, 2018, 05:51 AM
Blume9mm
Seems these flat triggers are all the rage and I may actually have to try one one of these days... but I have to say for what ever it is worth... the curved trigger looks a lot better on that 365 than the flat,,,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
November 24, 2018, 06:35 AM
Johnny 3eagles
I'll let you know how well it works and how easy it is to install when they set me up as a Beta tester.

BIDEN SUCKS.

November 24, 2018, 11:55 AM
rangemaster
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems these flat triggers are all the rage and I may actually have to try one one of these days... but I have to say for what ever it is worth... the curved trigger looks a lot better on that 365 than the flat,,,

I agree. The only trigger that looks halfway normal with holes in it belongs on a 1911.
November 24, 2018, 12:02 PM
Mike-4
Agreed. Lose the holes to make it look more like the factory P320 flat trigger.
November 24, 2018, 12:25 PM
FlaSigUser
Howard Johnson had 28 flavors.
I like the skeleton look in the triggers and hammers. I do not like pistachio.
December 01, 2018, 01:16 PM
BullBarrel
Skeleton triggers are in Armory Craft DNA.

9 SIG triggers either available or currently in production (with new SAO P-series and new P320) - EIGHT of them are skeleton - same look as this P365.

If folks like the solid look they can buy from other companies. Last time I checked "it's always nice to have options" as customers win Wink
December 01, 2018, 03:46 PM
az4783054
You could make them out of Titanium and sell them for $5 and someone would have an issue. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
December 01, 2018, 05:46 PM
Chazman1946
What is the supposed advantage of a flat trigger, other then aesthetics?
December 01, 2018, 06:28 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:

I can’t answer your question, but a couple of actual advantages of a straight trigger are that there may be more room in the trigger guard, and there is less of a forward point at the bottom to poke into the fingers of some people like me. A straight trigger allows me to shoot a P226 with thin gloves on, and it’s more comfortable if the trigger doesn’t jab into my finger that curves to the bottom of the trigger guard.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
December 01, 2018, 06:33 PM
sigarms229
quote:
If folks like the solid look they can buy from other companies.

Will do! Thanks!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
December 01, 2018, 10:20 PM
c1steve
quote:

There is more feel with a flat trigger. A 5 lb trigger that is flat will feel like it is 3.5 or 4 lbs. Has to do with pressure located on a smaller part of the finger than spread out. Ideally flat triggers are set up so that the trigger breaks at 90 degrees to the barrel, this imparts less up or down movement of the barrel when firing.

-c1steve
December 02, 2018, 01:15 AM
Chazman1946
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

There is more feel with a flat trigger. A 5 lb trigger that is flat will feel like it is 3.5 or 4 lbs. Has to do with pressure located on a smaller part of the finger than spread out. Ideally flat triggers are set up so that the trigger breaks at 90 degrees to the barrel, this imparts less up or down movement of the barrel when firing.

Oh, so the trigger would feel more like a 1911 trigger then I would guess?
December 02, 2018, 01:18 AM
Chazman1946
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

I can’t answer your question, but a couple of actual advantages of a straight trigger are that there may be more room in the trigger guard, and there is less of a forward point at the bottom to poke into the fingers of some people like me. A straight trigger allows me to shoot a P226 with thin gloves on, and it’s more comfortable if the trigger doesn’t jab into my finger that curves to the bottom of the trigger guard.

Maybe it's just the camera angle of the photo, but the flat trigger looks like it starts out just below the front end of the take down lever and the normal trigger starts out about the middle of the lever, this would indicate less room, not more?
December 02, 2018, 09:05 AM
Johnny 3eagles
Well, when they decide to send me one as a Beta tester, I'll let you know the answer to your questions.

BIDEN SUCKS.

December 02, 2018, 09:13 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Maybe it's just the camera angle of the photo ...?

I have no experience with the P365, so perhaps it’s different. My comment was about straight triggers in general. In a P226 or P320, the important thing is that the straight trigger doesn’t extend as far forward at the bottom near the trigger guard. For me that makes all the difference in function and feel because of how my finger curves toward the bottom.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
December 05, 2018, 04:36 PM
BullBarrel
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
You could make them out of Titanium and sell them for $5 and someone would have an issue. Razz

NO DOUBT about that, LOL Big Grin