SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Classic Carry - TALO Exclusive
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Classic Carry - TALO Exclusive Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Full height cocking serrations, short extractor, name it the P228, and order will be restored in the universe. Big Grin

Nah, it totally needs the tramp stamp on top of the slide.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are so tempting. I really love the look

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Did you actually inspect the part itself (for the SRT sear tab)?

Nope, but then again I wasn't expecting the SRT sear to be in the gun based on the long reset. I'll check it tomorrow when I get to work. If there IS an SRT sear in place, I would then have to say that it immediately qualifies as the worst, non-functioning SRT that I've ever experienced.

Standard sear. Sucks typing on this phone...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
P229 Classic Carry - TALO Exclusive

I had to see it, but now it can't be unseen. Eek

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
P229 Classic Carry - TALO Exclusive

I had to see it, but now it can't be unseen. Eek

That's the P226 CC with the long external extractor.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. The P229 CC only got the decal/stencil/iron-on/paint-by-numbers version of the logo.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So where can I get a set of those grips to put on my 228?

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bufford:
So where can I get a set of those grips to put on my 228?

You'll have to buy the gun. These grips are not available for sale separately.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So after much internal debate, I finally allowed myself to take it home.

It's officially made it to my computer desk:

An old school SOLID standard trigger is already inbound.

Now what to do about the tramp stamp. Doing it in gold tone doesn't make it any better (sorry, the gold look didn't translate with my smartphone camera):

The no-rail, narrow magwell frame is definitely something I like and have wanted in a 9mm P229 for a long time. In this age of aggressive texture I do wish the front strap was checkered rather than textured with the too faint serrated lines. And I also wish SIG NH would learn how to anodize their frames like SIG DE. This powdery Parkerizedesque looks just as unrefined and unpolished as it always has...like my Mossberg 500, only without the scratches (yet).

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Soggy, I had a feeling you were going to end up buying that one; that's why I can't work in a gun shop -- I'd want to buy all the guns...

Same reason I can't work in an ice cream shop, too, come to think of it! Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It turned out to be a much harder decision than I initially thought it would be. Aside from the big SIG logo and the short trigger, this particular gun hit almost all of the hot buttons for me when it comes to a new P229. But I'm a striker guy through and through. And once the initial "want/must have" factor subsided a bit over time, that Glock aspect of me made buying yet another DA/SA gun that I'm likely not going to shoot all that much a much more difficult choice. I already feel guilty for picking up a M9A3 that deserves to be shot a lot more than it has been.

But I can also appreciate that this example has a fairly good double-action trigger. Still a bit heavy but very smooth, much like my enjoyable Mk25. That aspect ultimately tipped the scales to the buy side for this hardcore striker guy.

posted Hide Post
I caved too, I have one coming in today. Actually cant wait to shoot it

posted Hide Post
Sorry, but all I see are old parts with new grips, and a new finish. Still, I love the non-rail P229.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am apparently in the minority in thinking the 229 looks better with a rail than without. Either way, that seems like a pretty good deal considering what you get. Could do without the logo though.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot mine today Fantastic. Bought some 15 round Mags from top gun suplly. Yes they have the mags that fit this model. Also put the SRT so the reset is amazing

posted Hide Post
Good to hear that it shot well for you. Mine gets its workout this coming week. Only thing I've done to it is install the solid standard trigger bow I picked up for the gun, and made sure that it's clean and well lubed. I'm still debating about the doing the SRT kit, which I already have a couple of in my parts box. I don't plan on this one being anything more than a range gun but having a quicker reset isn't a bad thing anyways except I've found that most of the time having the SRT comes along a bit of creep at the trigger break, something that all of my SRT'd SIGs suffer from. I also find that I don't miss it with my Mk25. So the debate rages on.

Also great to hear that TGS has the factory 15rd pre-dash mags. I already have a few that I bought years ago, and now that I've added a second pre-dash 9mm P229 I think it's time to pick up some more. Assuming that you've already received them, do the ones you bought wear the Italy or USA roll mark?

posted Hide Post
Mine are Italy Soggy

posted Hide Post
Nice gun with some of the old features I like.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Also great to hear that TGS has the factory 15rd pre-dash mags. I already have a few that I bought years ago, and now that I've added a second pre-dash 9mm P229 I think it's time to pick up some more. Assuming that you've already received them, do the ones you bought wear the Italy or USA roll mark?

These are what you want. They're both Mec-Gar. One is SIG Sauer factory branded, the other aftermarket.
SIG Sauer factory branded, Mec-Gar made 15-rnd flush fit
Aftermarket Mec-Gar 15-rd flush fit

Q

posted Hide Post
Yeah, $10 more just for the roll mark. Frown

Knowing me I'll wind up ordering a couple of the SIG mags, just for that roll mark. And probably a half dozen or so Mec-Gars (mix of 15 and 18 cap mags) from my favorite magazine 'pusher' down in Florida.