SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .357 mag revolver owners, a question re: 10mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.357 mag revolver owners, a question re: 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
No.

No.

If somebody has one at the range and lets me, otherwise I have limited interest.

Had the opportunity to buy a pre MIM version for a low price and walked away.

Not a fan of .41 magnum either.

Moon clips aren't to my liking. Perhaps in a SA, but even then, not a fan of .40.

I'm a revolver guy by nature and specifically a .44 shooter.

10mm isn't a bad thing, it's just not for me.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got both the 5" and 3" 610 model S&W revolvers. I like the power of the 10mm, I like the moon clips and I like the fact that I can shoot .40 S&W if I choose to.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own .357 revolvers (and .357 Sig pistols), and 10 mm pistols. I wouldn't turn down a 10mm revolver, but don't have any need or desire for one. 10mm is touted as the nuclear option, melter of nations, destroyer of worlds...and while it can be had in effective loadings, it doesn't excite me a lot.

I do like .41 magnum and have several, and I have a great deal of respect for .357 magnum and have carried that on and off quite a bit. I'm not competitor and wouldn't/couldn't compete with either one, or a 10mm or that matter, but I have a great deal of confidence in their capability or my own uses. Presently I carry .357 Sig most of the time, and away from home my personal carry is 9X19 today.

Not saying I wouldn't get a 10mm revolver, but it's not high on the list.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
No, it does nothing for me. I have two 4" .357 guns, a Ruger GP 100 and a Smith 19 and two .44 mag guns, a 7.5" Ruger Redhawk, and a 4" Smith 629.

Since I don't own anything else in 10mm, I have no interest in picking a revolver that is between those two calibers in power. It doesn't get me anything in capacity; they are all 6 shooters, it doesn't get me anything in power that I don't already have covered. 10mm can be loaded to a marginally more powerful load than .357, and it's a bigger bullet, which is nice, but I'm not sure most animals could tell the difference. Even modest .44 mag loads exceed 10mm power, with a heavier bullet, and more frontal area.

I think 10mm is a neat cartridge, and would consider either a Delta Elite or a Glock 40 if I wanted to start with the cartridge.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, No, and NO.

The ballistics are close enough between the 2 calibers. Don't need to use moon clips with .357 and happy with what I have.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Smith 686 and a Glock 20. I really had no need for a 10mm revolver and although it would be a novelty I see no real reason why I would get one.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
No, No, No and No.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Same here...NO, NO and NO. I'll stick to my SIG 220 in ten.

Same for the 9mm revolvers...never saw the appeal.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nyet, Comrade. Nyet.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No. P220 & 40 MOS in 10mm works just fine, if 10mm is not getting it done, I'd use a Desert Eagle.
No. Wouldn't need an excuse either, but a 10mm isn't my first choice for propane tanks.
No. Too much fun with the Desert Eagle. Bowling pins need to be changed before the mag is empty.
No. Wouldn't be buying one as it fills no particular itch that I haven't scratched yet.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just one of those guys who likes revolvers in semi auto calibers. The reloads are really fast, comparable in speed if not capacity to the bottom feeders. Got a wheel gun in just about every semi auto caliber, including .32 ACP and .380 ACP. My S&W 610 will of course shoot the .40, and I have the L frame in .40 also. Even got the Charter Arms in .45 ACP and .40 S&W. The charter arms are kind of neat as one can reload directly from a semi auto mag of the appropriate caliber, ditto for the S&W 547 9mms. Not nearly as fast as moon clips, but much easier than traditional revolver reloading 1X1 or 2X2 at a time.
I am the first to admit that there is nothing that a semi auto caliber round will do that a rimmed revolver round won't. But I just like changing out my .357 mag cylinder to 9mm in about 3 seconds in my Browning (made in USA) Barracuda. Guns are supposed to be fun and provide a sense of comfort, the combo guns do it very well.
For years I packed a Browning HP with a S&W 940 as BUG for big city police work. Carried the BHP with round in the chamber, normally in condition one. If a gun grab possibility looked like it might be developing, slipped the BHP to half cock with safety on, let some moron try to figure that one out while the 940 gets going. Carried 3 extra moon clips in a custom leather tube a local guy made for me, small but fast reloads. Yeah I admit the superiority of the semis in many situations, just like wheel guns in those calibers, no reason needed.....................

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Love my 357s but no desire to have a 10mm revolver - nothing against them, just so many other things I’d rather own.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
No
No

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a S&W 66 since 1975, last shot it 15 years ago? Have 3 S&Ws in 41 mag. Have 10mm in G20, G29, S&W 1066 & 1076, 3 in 1911, had a Ruger convertible 10mm/38-40 unfired (bought for $424 and sold it for $1100 to buy a 226 Legion), lots of Glocks with 357 Sig... Yes have a 610 and would not sell it. Also have 44 mags and a 454.

I am not a caliber snob.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I shoot .357mag out of my KIMBER K6S 2" so recoil wouldn't be an issue. But I probably would not be interested in adding another caliber to the mix.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, from a practical standpoint, it makes sense to have several guns that share the same caliber.
A very sensible and economical decision.

But I have to agree with member ArtieS said above...
quote:
does nothing for me.

So, to answer the OP . . .

No
No
No
No

I have a GP100 4" and two SP101 2" revolvers in .357mag.
Love shooting them.
Can't we just let revolvers be revolvers?

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't want a 10 in a revolver but would like to have one in a semi-auto.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
No real objection to the 10mm on the basis of cost or adding an extra caliber. Better to spend a little bit more to live a lot longer, as in 'one shot stop'. I have passed on good deals for a 1076. Might be silly but I would prefer to not shoot a 10mm or .357 magnum at the range or indoors to help preserve the hearing.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I don't see the point, especially if I already have a 10mm semi-auto. I certainly wouldn't need a 10mm revolver, nor would I think it something that I would even want. The drop in firepower from a G20 or G40 makes zero sense to me. Now if I only had hands big enough to handle a mythical double-stack Coonan or like gun in .357MAG, AND it ran reliably, I'd be in for something akin to that as a complement to my .357MAG revolvers.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No to all the questions about getting a 10mm wheel gun. I have a G20C and 2 x 6” 357 Mags for hunting sidearm or bear country sidearm. I don’t think I need anything else.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post