SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber Micro 9 Opinions Requested
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Micro 9 Opinions Requested Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
This little gun has caught my eye at my local hardware store. I’ve held it and it feels good for a small gun. The extended magazine is just enough to get through my whole palm which is what I find troubling with these small guns. The P238 is very small and my star Firestar is heavy let alone the grip digs into my hand after a while on the range.

On the ‘need’ basis, well...... but the want was is increasing. Not sure I’d carry it but that is a possibility.

Comments or opinions on this little gun would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG and Kimber magazines are supposedly interchangeable. Although you cannot chamber rounds in 1911s.
SIG P938 mags = Kimber Micro 9 mags.

If anyone knows if this is false please let me know. I passed this info onto my brother and don't want to cause any hard feelings.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A couple years back I traded a Colt Gov't .380 for a Micro 9. As much as I loved the Colt, I knew it could have peening problems on the barrel lugs on the slide so I stopped using it. I got a Sig P238, nice gun as a replacement, not the same appeal as the Colt for me. Traded the P238 for a P365.

I love the Kimber in every way but the P365 makes way more sense. IMO the Micro 9 is a great single stack 9mm.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. It was an impulse buy, but I'm very pleased with it.

Solid, reliable, and fun in a small package. I find it enjoyable to shoot too.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/...13v0SMqDOatVnU5JeJNR

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve achieved satisfying results with mine. Both reliable an accurate. I’ve used the three different capacity mags Kimber makes for it without any issues. I had my reservations bout flicking off the safety under duress but it’s not been a challenge. An incredible easy pistol to both carry & conceal. An amazing little gun.

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Very pleased with mine. Disappears in my pocket. I initially had concerns about the thumb safety getting switched to the “fire” position in my pocket, but that’s never happened. My pocket holster prevents it.
I put grip tape on the Kimber’s front strap which helped a lot.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with mine. It came with the Crimson Trace grips. I've put about 200 rounds through it to break it in without any problems. It's very light, loaded with the 7 round mag. And it can be very easily concealed. A very small , compact gun for up close and personal out to 15 yards.

It's in my rotation with the P365 when I feel the need to go deeper.

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Grips were hard to find when I first got mine, here's some cheap, aggressive ones I found and I've kept them on --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely one of the guns on my want list...if, and when, I can ever escape to a free state.

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Don’t think it will be much longer till I scratch this itch.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
My wife and I bought a matching set of 2-tone Micro 9's a few years back. Never had any problems with them. They carry nice, shoot well, and yes, you can use Sig P238 mags in them without issue.

At the time we bought ours, Kimber did not have the extended "pinky rest" mag available. A little modification to the pinky rest of an extended Sig P238 mag with a sanding block was all it took to work like a charm. I eventually bought a Kimber extended mag, but I think the pinky rest on the Sig mag looks and feels better.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 587 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the finest small pistols I own. I collect small 9mm and .380 pistols like some people collect watches. I just like them.

The small Kimbers are well built and reliable. Definitely higher end in this category. I have a couple of Micro 9's,the Micro 380 and a Solo. The Solo has had it's share of detractors but a lot of the popular whining about it hasn't been my experience. It is a little pickier about ammo than some others. Not so with the Micro 9.

Is it better than a P938? I'd say no. The differences are subtle and a matter of taste. I will say that Kimbers are built to very tight tolerances, slightly more so than the Sig, but this is not a pro or a con when it comes to accuracy or reliability.

If you like to customize, the P938 might be a better choice. There are more aftermarket goodies for the P938. Springs, sights, grips, triggers, etc. But if the Kimber floats your boat, you will be buying a very good quality pistol that lasts forever.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post