SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you guys ever buy guns that you know you shouldn't?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you guys ever buy guns that you know you shouldn't? Login/Join 
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I seem to have a weakness for decent pistols in 9mm or 45. I have 1 pistol I shoot. The other 15 or so never leave the safe. Still no block somehow...

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson VBob for $1250, 15-22 for $229, Glock 34 G4 for $569, GP 100 Wiley Clapp SS with the nicest worked over trigger in my safe & CT grip for $425 and a $350 PX4 were "too good to pass" in my eyes.
Cz Sp01, 75D compact, a 22" 870 express, 590 Marine coat, 10/22 international, OD GLOCK 17, 5" 686 plus, WG p220 & 228, CZ 455 target thumbhole were all because I was there and had $ in my pocket.

I have impulse control issues, but no old lady to be accountable to.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Of course not! I never look at deals at the LGS, pawn store or browse Gunbroker. I have never asked someone if their gun is for sale. I have never looked at the Classified section of Sig Forum either. I have always been upfront with family members on my purchases and disclosed the full cost of any firearm. I have superior impulse control.

Wow, that's amazing. I'm the same way too.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: "Do you guys ever buy guns that you know you shouldn't?"

I don't. I have three pistols that satisfy all of my needs and desires.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I am about too. I have "touched" the reproductions of the S&W Schofield in .38 special.

I'm about to trade into one. It doesn't fit my hand, but I just LOVE the gun! I will poist pictures if I make the deal.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I usually don't... But two years ago I bought a pistol I knew I shouldn't. It was a turd. I sold it this year (with full disclosure) for $600 less than I paid. Frown

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I once bought a .40

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice purchase. I've wanted a Solo since the beginning, but all the bad press has kept me from buying one.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Nice purchase. I've wanted a Solo since the beginning, but all the bad press has kept me from buying one.

I put another 75 rounds through it today including 50 round of 115gr Aguila. Mine seems to work so it's obviously defective

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Well, at the time I buy them I think I shouldn't. Sometimes that feeling is validated like when I got a Nano, P938.

Other times I'm pleasantly surprised like the APX.
Recently I wanted to give and XDe a ride and it's quickly becoming my favorite.=, reminding me of a single stack P2000.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
"Do you guys ever buy guns you know you shouldn't?"

Oh hell no!

Well except for that Star PD.....try to find parts for that sucker. Oh yeah, and maybe that Pico last week. I mean, it was only $207 NIB. Keeps me off the street with attempted modifications to get it to feed more than one round so that's a positive!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
A second on the Star PD, I'm still looking for parts as well.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post