SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you guys ever buy guns that you know you shouldn't?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you guys ever buy guns that you know you shouldn't? Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
I find myself doing this all the time. Buying guns I don't need or ones that I know have a spotty reputation. I just can't pass up a good deal. My most recent purchase was a Kimber Solo. It was used and only $350. I took it to the range and shot 150 rounds of mixed ammo with no failures. It's an accurate little gun but it does nothing bette than my 938 and likely won't get carried. But still $350 seemed to good to be true especially since this was an $800 gun when new. I do stuff like that all the time.

One nice thing about solo's is that now that they are discontinued accessories are real cheap. Those G10 grips cost me $19 and Kimber has a deal right now for 3 extended mags for $47. I added a piece of talon grip to the front strap...Kimber alloy finish is very slippery.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Are you going to try a Remington R51?

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

I'm impulsive not psychotic

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

I'm impulsive not psychotic

Hey, I hear the new ones sometimes work.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Bought a keltec PF9 because it was cheap and I wanted to try it out. Trigger bar broke, multiple trigger reset problems, then the slide cracked. Learned my lesson.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dusty we got the new R51's in at work and ran one through a couple hundred rounds. Not a bobble, and as much as we tried not to like it, it worked great and shot accurate. Put one in the rental case. They still don't sell well though.......

Posts: 275 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Never. I'm un-fun and everything is severely caluculat4d and premeditated.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Classic ! !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Never. I'm un-fun and everything is severely caluculat4d and premeditated.

Fact

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have made a few impulse purchases in my time. The last one came when I had a grand idea involving three tommy guns...which I promptly ordered. My grand idea has since evaporated and I now have 3 new tommy guns that I do not want.

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about GLOCK Gen 5 ?

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Im pretty boring, I like proven platforms

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just did. A Star BM. Have no idea what I am going to do with it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Buying guns I don't need

All the time.
quote:
or ones that I know have a spotty reputation.

Nope, not a chance.

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I just did. A Star BM. Have no idea what I am going to do with it.

I had one of those that shot 3 round bursts. The previous owner had the trigger down to about 1.5 lbs. it was so light that on recoil the gun would basically bump fire if you didn't release the trigger immediately.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, if it's cheap enough I might be willing to try it. No known dogs, though.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course not! I never look at deals at the LGS, pawn store or browse Gunbroker. I have never asked someone if their gun is for sale. I have never looked at the Classified section of Sig Forum either. I have always been upfront with family members on my purchases and disclosed the full cost of any firearm. I have superior impulse control.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I buy all kinds of dumb guns. SAS-12, SPAS-12, AMT Longslide, Mini-14 folder, several Makarovs, SIG AMT, SAR-4800 in 5.56, HK-53 clone, several "riot" shotguns even though I think they are terrible for home defense. There is room to enjoy both fun and serious guns.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I was saving up for a CZ Shadow 2 for USPSA Production this year but then I saw this in the display case and my brain went full potato.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it was the Glock 43. Just can't get to where I like it a little bit. First thought if I changed the sights, maybe, but no. I have a Glock 22, 23 and 26 that after sight changes I like. Didn't need the 43, already had a Sig P938, should have known better. This is how safe queens are made.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 106 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: July 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post