SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I am always a dreamer, I want a P210, with 22lr kit.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am always a dreamer, I want a P210, with 22lr kit. Login/Join 
posted
I am just a tire kicker. I don't have anything to do with these guns. I know a few here covet them as much as I do.

There are several coming up for auction via RIA in June, I can't swing one this year.

There is one (lot3631) p210-5 with matching long barrel 9mm slide, (7) 9mm mags, 22lr slide and (5) 22lr mags.
quote:
Description
Designed for target shooting. Fitted with a .22 LR conversion unit with high blade front and fully adjustable rear notch sights, and matching unit number "48540" on the barrel and slide. Standard frame markings with serial number "P57451" on the left side, serrated slide catch, smooth trigger, and two-piece wrap around checkered grips with lanyard loop on the left side of the frame. Includes the original matching numbered 9mm slide and barrel assembly with extended barrel, and high blade front and adjustable rear notch sights. A second .22 LR conversion unit (numbered "48396" is also included). Both conversion units include matching numbered boxes. With seven extra 9 mm magazines and five extra .22 LR magazines.
Condition
Excellent with 99% original blue finish, light handling marks, and a small bright line under the safety lever. Grips are also excellent with sharp checkering and some small dings. Mechanically excellent. Original 9mm slide and barrel assembly and additional .22 conversion unit are excellent with some light wear on the slide rails and handling marks. Boxes are structurally very good with some storage marks, however the foam interiors have degraded.

Another option (lot 1740)P210-6 9mm slide, matching 7.65 auto, and 22lr slide and magazine.

quote:
Description
Patridge blade front and fully adjustable rear notch sights, standard markings on the slide and frame, matching serial numbers on the slide, barrel, and frame, and serrated hardwood grips with lanyard loop on the left side of the heel. With fitted black leatherette case, matching numbered 7.65 mm auto conversion barrel, .22 LR conversion slide and barrel assembly (numbered "41104"), 7.65 mm and .22 LR magazines, loading tool, and cleaning tools.
Condition
Excellent with 95% plus original matte blue finish, small line under the safety lever, and light cycling marks. The conversion parts are also excellent with some light cycling marks on the .22 LR slide. Mechanically excellent. Case is very good with minor corner and edge wear.

Also check out Lot 3627

Now if you want to scale up that dream. Sig AMT rifle, Sig PE57 rifle.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Check out the set on GB currently. New old stock, complete, and all matching serial numbers. Amazing.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Check out the set on GB currently. New old stock, complete, and all matching serial numbers. Amazing.

I wonder if he is the guy I helped out a year or two back who ended up with that p210, hammerlei collection

Those are some pretty guns. way, outside my price range.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was ever going to be in the “just one handgun” position ( god forbid) a 210 plus a .22 conversion kit would be a most elegant solution. Second running would be a first class custom 1911 with a .22 conversion kit.
Currently based on my needs in shooting sports and carry defense the minimum I could get by with would be six

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not buy a S&W Model 41 and be done with it?

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domino:

Maybe because some folks want a P210 and not a model 41?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep, I have a 41. I have fired a half dozen or so enough to know which version of the 41 I like. I have a trailside, an xesse, an 87t, woodsman, 3 smith victories a 617. I have owned 4 high standards, a dozen of the ruger mk series, a marvel unit 1, and 2. Countless others I can't remember. What I don't have exp with is a p210 4-6 with 22lr conversion. It has always just been outside of what I feel comfortable with spending. So, it remains on my grail gun watch list. I jones pretty hard for it. Maybe one day I will have one.

I posted these here because I know many here have the means, and would appreciate the heads up on the rare packages coming up for auction. I know I have benefited from comments like my post here in the past.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What a notion! Buying something because it’s what we want rather than what someone else thinks we should have or would be better.
That’s just crazy talk.

Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I love looking at guns at RIA. On Gun Broker, every time I search Sig P210, I get a pop up that reads, Sorry, we cannot let you view these pistols because your purchase history indicates you are too poor to buy.. Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
quote:

What a notion! Buying something because it’s what we want rather than what someone else thinks we should have or would be better.
That’s just crazy talk.

Roll Eyes

On one hand, I understand the concern re freedom of choice. But, I also hear a response that is often used to justify another handbag purchase.

I’m not sure what that says about us all!

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always good to dream. Smile

That indeed would be one heck of a setup. When it comes to 22LR pistols I tend to reach for lower hanging fruit, but I wouldn't turn such a creature away if the money was there. It of course isn't. Frown

Then again I've lusted after a Beretta 89 for ages and have come across several worthy examples over the years, yet I've never gotten to the point where that proverbial itch gets scratched. Someday...

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A more economical route could be a CZ75 with Kadet II conversion kit. That is truly an amazing setup to which many here will attest. Some guys here whetted my appetite for the kit a few yrs ago and it was definitely money well spent.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
on a scale of 1 to 10, the kadet kit is an eleven Wink . Although DA/SA, it reminds me what a P210 in 22lr would look like.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
A friend and former Sig employee got one years back for his German 210m . the 22lr conversion kit was manufactured in Switzerland. A very pricy combination.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 22 conversion for the Sig P210 would be awesome. Maybe Sig will bring them back for the P210A.

Really like the looks of the CZ Kadet, I never knew they existed before this thread. Just found out CZ makes one for the Shadow 2 with a regular and threaded barrel.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to handle and shoot a P210 sometime just so I can see intelligently converse on this topic. Anybody got a link to that particular gun?

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ must make the Kadet II in batches and import them from time to time as they are manufactured. Right now there are quite a few for sale at GB in the $350 to $400 range depending on which distributor/seller you buy from. Spare mags are a little pricey.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any variances between P210 conversion kits? Will any conversion kit work for, say a 1970’s produced P210-2?

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
Are there any variances between P210 conversion kits? Will any conversion kit work for, say a 1970’s produced P210-2?

you know, I have never researched that. Usually, I just look at the matched sets. I have seen plenty of mismatch setups. IE gun , and separate auction for the 22lr.

I would love to know if it is possible also.

I do, know that a fucking Kadet slide and mag is not likely to work. I don't know why, I brought it up in this thread. <rolls eyes>

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Its not the P210-7 22 cal kit that's hard to find, its extra magazines! My 210-2 has a 22 cal kit, with the 40,000 serial # (original). Then of course whilst looking for an extra mag, I had to buy a 210-7 with two mags! Big Grin Big Grin.

I had a M41 once. For about 20 years, give or take. Then I bought the 210 and sold off the 41. Which is better is based on which you shoot better. I'm keeping my 210s. Between the two, the best thing about the 41 is mags are cheaper and easier to find. And if memory serves me correctly, they hurt less to load. Both shoot better than a K22.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post