SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P230 SL. My new score.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P230 SL. My new score. Login/Join 
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted
A local gunsmith gave me a call a couple days ago and said, "Hey, I know you're a SIG guy. How'd you like a P230 SL in 380, 98%, original box, mags and paperwork."

I'm like. "Yeah I'm interested, I've always wanted a P230 or P232. How much?"

He's says, "$350".

"Sold"

Turns out, one of his customers had taken it to Cabelas to see what it was worth in Trade-In towards something else and $350 is what they offered him. So, that's what he passed it along to me for.

So, I go and pick it up today, it's in great shape, a couple slight handling marks but otherwise minty. Now to find some 380 ammo for sale.

Oh, and I'm standing there and the gunsmith asks me, "Do you have any use for P226 40S&W mags". I tell him yeah, I have a P226 Police Trade-In in 40". He hands me 5 mags, 2 fully loaded with Speer Gold Dots and says, "Here, $10 a piece."

It pays to have friends that know what you like.

Sorry, no pictures of the P230 SL, I have no way at this time to host pictures for this silly forum, the last 2 ways I setup went kappoot.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Dude, policy for this 'Silly Forum' requires pics, or it didn't happen! Wink

Imgur is free, and VERY easy...NO Excuses!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Post image is also very easy to use and post to this silly forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Post image is also very easy to use and post to this silly forum.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

My LGS had one for just a bit more than that for weeks on consignment. I’m like meh 380 but it’s a cool sig. Then one day I was looking at it and didn’t flip the tag over where it said 4 oem mags !! Well dang. My friend that works there texted me a few hours and says hey somebody just bought that 230 and did you know it had 4 mags ?! Well damn. Maybe next time. Only reason I had passed was mags were impossible to source. The new kid they hired didn’t know to write every detail in the front of the tag.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
John3200, email me a picture of yours and I'll post it for you.. in the mean time:

Of course the above one is with something like Hogue grips on it .... I think the P230 has to be one of the best looking semi-autos ever built... just to poke; is the main reason I don't care for Glocks.... seems Glock never liked curves and the P230 and P232s are all curves....

A good woman and handgun should have two things in common... curves and the ability to stop you in your tracks at a moments notice.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I just had to throw this in... while doing paper work yesterday I had direct tv on and the silly Movie Johny English was on and I happened to glance up and saw this...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Hell of a deal!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fake news Wink without a pitcher. On a serious note, I am beginning to question my acquisition of several of them since I now know that parts are unobtainium.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
That is why you own several... on the off chance something does break on your favorite you have spare parts....

Years ago I was spending the night on my boat and had to do race committee the next day and woke up very early and was bored and decided to clean and lube my P230... for some crazy reason I decided to take the trigger group apart.... some time in the next week after about at least 8 hours of working on it and finally finding a actual schematic of the P230 not the p232 and making some crazy tool I got the thing back together.... lesson learned... sort of...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
MecGar Bersa Thunder 8rd magazines are easily modified to function w/o issues in the P230/232's

Thanks to your help, I now have some Bersa Thunder mags modified for my recently acquired P232. Thank you!

Posts: 94 | Location: Michiana | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post