SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CMMG Banshee 9mm Pistol with Brace
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMMG Banshee 9mm Pistol with Brace Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I take it that the Banshee upper will work with both Colt and Glock style lowers?

I would not be inclined to think that is true. For the 300 series that I have they don't offer a colt version. And they bother to have a lot of verbiage on the website about they only really know if anything works when its on their lower (for the pistol caliber uppers, not the conversion uppers). I can't do it for a bit, but I can pull the bolt and see if it looks like its got both colt and glock cuts. But for sure if I was counting on that I would get CMMG to tell me its OK. I'm a skeptic on all this, I have piles of Colt and Glock 9mm AR bolts that are supposed to work on both lower types but don't.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
hrcjon, you mentioned that you are using the Banshee for competition.

What competitions if you don't mind me asking?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This time of year I shoot it indoors in non sanctioned tactical matches that are held in the two local indoor ranges...mostly A zone targets while moving all inside 25 yds the range max with the emphasis on speed.

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thank you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I don’t have the 9mm but do have the .45 version. It has been 100% reliable and accurate. It truly feels like shooting a 9mm. The 9mm version is reported by some to feel like shooting a .22 AR. I will tell you the .45 recoils less than my 9mm.

Do yourself a favor and buy one of the Bushnell Lil P’s on closeout at Natchezss. They are a perfect match for a AR pistol.

That's a great looking pistol. How has the finish held up and does it get any rough handling or is it mostly a range toy?

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone shoot both CMMG 9mm Banshee pistol and CZ Scorpion EVO (8" pistol) and tell me how they compared especially recoil? Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
@hrcjon, Living in Connecticut and we are very limited, and now have "others". Ruger PC is aproved, and then some interesting stuff like Dark storm Hailstorm. I'm looking for something that takes glock 9mm mags, and works exceptionally well.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
I don’t have the 9mm but do have the .45 version. It has been 100% reliable and accurate. It truly feels like shooting a 9mm. The 9mm version is reported by some to feel like shooting a .22 AR. I will tell you the .45 recoils less than my 9mm.

Do yourself a favor and buy one of the Bushnell Lil P’s on closeout at Natchezss. They are a perfect match for a AR pistol.

That's a great looking pistol. How has the finish held up and does it get any rough handling or is it mostly a range toy?

The finish is holding up well except for a few spots where the brass hits the brass deflector Big Grin. The gun has never choked on a single round and that includes all my reloads.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anyone shoot both CMMG 9mm Banshee pistol and CZ Scorpion EVO (8" pistol) and tell me how they compared especially recoil? Thank you.

As I promised I dragged out a Scorpion pistol and shot it in a match to refresh my memory. I don't know how to express what you are trying to learn quantitatively. I rank the recoil perception to me of the things I have in this PCC relm as MPX-MP5-CMMG-AR9-Scorpion (best to worst). But in the end the Scorpion doesn't bother me at all. And I clearly don't shoot it any worse because of the design. And there are other differences in the specific guns I own that might influence it like they don't all weigh the same and don't have exactly the same brace setup or barrel length or height over bore. I can't think of any obvious way to measure the differences in a quantitative way to help, but open to ideas.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

As I promised I dragged out a Scorpion pistol and shot it in a match to refresh my memory. I don't know how to express what you are trying to learn quantitatively. I rank the recoil perception to me of the things I have in this PCC relm as MPX-MP5-CMMG-AR9-Scorpion (best to worst). But in the end the Scorpion doesn't bother me at all. And I clearly don't shoot it any worse because of the design. And there are other differences in the specific guns I own that might influence it like they don't all weigh the same and don't have exactly the same brace setup or barrel length or height over bore. I can't think of any obvious way to measure the differences in a quantitative way to help, but open to ideas.

Great response. Thank you very much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Are the mags proprietary?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Takes Glock mags.