SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A question for you Vickers Glock owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question for you Vickers Glock owners Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I tried it, but it wasn't long before I put the factory release back on. (But I really like the Gen3 Vickers mag release...)

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I put the Vickers slide stop in both my G23 and G26. It's big enough to hit, but small enough that it stays out of the way.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like and use them, they are on everything. I prefer them compared to the glock brand extended slide stop.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
With these tended slide stop levers, do you drop the slide with your right thumb (right handed shooter)? Or do you use your left thumb? Admittedly, I've been grasping overhand, pulling the slide to the rear to release it for many years now. I'm just curious what is considered "best practice" with the extended levers.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
With these tended slide stop levers, do you drop the slide with your right thumb (right handed shooter)? Or do you use your left thumb? Admittedly, I've been grasping overhand, pulling the slide to the rear to release it for many years now. I'm just curious what is considered "best practice" with the extended levers.

Either way is acceptable, if your right thumb can confortably reach, use that. If your right thumb can not, then use the left thumb. I generally use the left hand thumb to release the slide but use the right hand thumb on occation. This advice is for right handed shooters. I don't think there is a "best" soultion, its what is more comfortable for you to consistently operate the firearm. I was taught the slingshot method for releasing the slide, but I am comfortable using any method mentioned above.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:

Addressed about 7:20

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I use my strong hand thumb. I have big hands and I've never shot a handgun (including a 50 AE desert eagle) where I couldn't easily disengage the lever with my strong hand thumb. My thumbs are long enough that on most guns I have to train not to be touching the slide lock so the slide locks back on an empty mag

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post