SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A question for you Vickers Glock owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question for you Vickers Glock owners Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
How do you like the Vickers/Tango Down slide stop? I like the looks of it as it seems to be a nice bridge between the standard and extended Glock. For me, the standard is usable but I'd like it to be a bit bigger. The extended is too big for my tastes.

Thoughts?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
It is exactly as you perceive it to be, it's in between a standard and the extended slide stop.

I like it on my Glock 17, much easier to activate than the standard part and it does not protrude too far.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
I like it. Its a nice balance.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also like it. Big enough to work well as a slide release, but low profile enough not to thumb it and cause a failure to lock slide.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don't have a VG but I've modified my Glocks with those mods ( Slide & mag release), there a great addition and make the pistols even better, IMHO.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAR:
It is exactly as you perceive it to be, it's in between a standard and the extended slide stop.

I like it on my Glock 17, much easier to activate than the standard part and it does not protrude too far.

This.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have them on all 6 of my glocks it's the first thing I change out, they are perfect for me, I also put the Wilson Vickers combat sights with the gold dot in front and the u shape in back. highly recommend them, the gold bead in front just draws my eyes right to it.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've had one on every Glock I've owned. I recommend you at least give one a try and develop your own conclusions, but I think it's much better than factory.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the glock OEM ones.

I use Vickers baseplates and the vickers mag release, though.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't own a Vickers Glock, but did install a Vickers/Tango Down slide stop in my Gen4 G19.

It's an exercise in elegant simplicity. Adds no bulk whatsoever. I use the slide stop to release the slide on all of my pistols. The Vickers is 100%, while the OEM would occasionally fail to release, especially at speed.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Thoughts?

You should get 1 (or more)

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I think I have a few you can have. I hate them, the way I shoot the Glock they are worse than the extended types.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cant use any of the extended slide releases because of an amputated finger on my support hand. A buddy of mine loves it though and says its a good in between.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Glock extended catch on my 32 and recently shot a friend's 19 with the LV catch. I like his more. I think the texture on it is more aggressive and the way the whole thing is angled out a bit seems like a better design.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I added one to my 32, I like it.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
I like them, but the reason is not relevant to actual shooting.

I cannot get the slide of a glock to drop reliably on an empty magazine with the standard slide stop. With the Vickers, I can, so it make administrative handling a little easier. Beyond that, I dont see the need. It is a nicely made part.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I don't like them, but it's a "me" issue, not an issue with the part

I have really big hands and really long thumbs and with a thumbs forward grip I will depress the Vickers slide stop about half the time stopping the slide from locking back on an empty magazine

FWIW, I have the same problem with the glock extended one, and with berettas and sigs, etc

The part itself is well made, and I think I would prefer it to the glock factory part if either worked for me

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I prefer the OEM extended version but that's me.

Back to the dark side after your time away?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I prefer the OEM extended version but that's me.

Back to the dark side after your time away?

No more than usual. Until I retire, I will be shooting brand G on a frequent basis.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I like it. But I have "ridden" it before causing the gun to not lock back. It's kind of annoying that none of the Vickers stuff comes installed in the gun. Everything is pretty easy to install except for the mag release which can be a pain.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post