SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gold bead sight for P210
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gold bead sight for P210 Login/Join 
posted
I have a German made P210 with combat sights. At 60 years old my eyes are not what they used to be. I am thinking of having a gold bead front sight installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to who might make and install such a sight? I did a search on this forum bit did not find anything. Thank you.

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m.tenenhaus:
I bet Mr. Bruce Gray could do that for you. He really helped me out with my p210. He always does such beautiful work.

That said, my experience with gold bead sights has been rather disappointing. Years ago i had one on a SA 1911 and while it looked very nice it just wasn't as easy to pick up as i'd hoped or expected.

You might consider the fiberoptic front sight options, they're really nice and easy to pick up.

Red dot sights can similarly prove a blessing for older eyes.

Posts: 5900 | Location: southern california | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness58:
I have a German made P210 with combat sights. At 60 years old my eyes are not what they used to be. I am thinking of having a gold bead front sight installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to who might make and install such a sight? I did a search on this forum bit did not find anything. Thank you.

I don't have any idea what a 210 combat front sight looks like. Depending on the size of your front, and if it's not tritium, gold beads can be bought separately. They come with a stem, and a gunsmith drills your front sight to accept the gold bead ($25 for the bead itself, IIRC).

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for both replies thus far. I can appreciate fiber optic sights, have them on a couple of shotguns. For my taste they just don’t seem to belong on a classic like a P210. I did not know the gold beads came on a stem. Regarding terminology, being former military we called fixed sights on a pistol “combat sights” and adjustable sights “target sights”. I could have been more clear, sorry for any confusion.

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision made me the gold bead for my SA EMP.
I had the SACS install it with some other work.
As others stated, you may find someone to make the 'stem' and then have someone else drill out your existing sight and replace it with the 'stem'.
These pics will give you and idea of the stem of the gold bead.
As much as I liked the gold bead, it did move itself out of the sight when shooting the gun.
Never came out completely, but it did move after 300 rds, I just gently tapped it back in.

I've since sold this pistol several years ago.
The 1911 single action wasn't for me as a carry pistol.

Good luck..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they will fit the P210 but I have a set of Sig's Xray sites, they made a world of difference in sighting for me. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not know the gold beads came on a stem.

SDM Manufacuring, is, I believe, who makes the gold bead fronts for S&W revolvers. You will find the gold bead alone the last item on their list. They also have a complete front sight that will fit a "popular" dovetail, in different heights. If that dovetail happens to be the same as your 210, then you can get the complete sight. SDM is where Don Williams acquired the gold beads to install on my Heinie fronts.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
quote:

I my P220 to Wayne Novak and they did a great job!

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce left me hanging on the gold beads...., try Novak

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post