SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DW Bruin Owners Please Step In
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DW Bruin Owners Please Step In Login/Join 
posted
Considering the Dan Wesson Bruin and have some questions. Is the 10 MM chamber fully supported? Is it a "series 70" style? Is the main spring rod full length or "GI" style? Single or multi main springs?

The Dan Wesson site doesn't tell me any of these things. Nobody in this town has one for me to look at and I will have to go to an on-line seller to get one.

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure,

I have had a razor back, and currently a pre cz pm10.

It will be 70 series.

It may be a ramped barrel. Iirc all the non 45 acp's are ramped barrels now.

It will be a match grade chamber, that will not chamber glock bulged reloads.

I am not sure about the gide rod. My guardians are gi style, vbob is gi, my pm9,pm10, and pm7 are full length.

There is also their 715 357 mag revolver. Put 180 grn bear loads in that....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have one in .45 it is 70 series and has a short rod. Dern fine weapon if you asked me!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's an article on the 10mm Bruin in the latest issue of "Guns" magazine.

Pictures show a GI style recoil setup, although the plug looks a little longer than standard. If by "Series 70" style you mean a lack of firing pin safeties or Swartz-style safety; than yes, it is a "Series 70" style. If by "main spring" you mean recoil spring, it is a single.

It has a ramped barrel like other DW 10mm's, and offers as much case support, if not more, than any other 10mm on the market; certainly more than a Glock or Colt Delta.

I'm gaga about my Silverback. If I wanted a long slide, the Bruin would be the one. (I just don't want to buy a new crop of holsters.)

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mesabi. Just cut the bottom out of your holsters and you can be fine with the Bruin.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
If you want to go straight to the source, Keith from Dan Wesson frequents the Dan Wesson section of 1911forum.com.

https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

You can hail him and find out for yourself.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
One of the BEST 10mm pistolas I own!! It's an amazing piece!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post