SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked Up A Little CZ Beauty
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked Up A Little CZ Beauty Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
I’ve become a real sucker when I come across a classic in good condition. In this case, it’s a CZ 83. I first saw it on GB and, for fun, entered the starting bid ($419) and pretty much forgot about it. Lo and behold, a few days later I get a ‘Congratulations, you’re the winning bidder’ email. It looked good in the photos, but when I got it, I discovered it’s pristine! Came in the plastic case, with the CZ carboard outer box, all the paperwork (including target) and three 12 round mags.

It’s definitely been shot some, judging from the exterior of the barrel, but other than that, there’s not a scratch, ding, or blemish anywhere. Whoever owned it was meticulous in caring for it. Although the grips were in great shape, I swapped them out for wood, as my grip is better. The finish is the best I’ve ever seen on a CZ. The bluing on the slide is beautiful. The top and shoulders are a flat buff finish and the sides are high polish, mirror finish. The photos don’t due it justice. In addition to it’s classy looks, it’s a joy to shoot. Have 250+ rounds through it and it’s been flawless.

The backstrap is perfect, the dark areas are just reflections.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a nice pistol!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! It is a great pistol indeed. Just wait until you go out and shoot it. You will be even happier. I have an 82 Mak and an 83 32, just not in the condition of your find.
Have fun.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm not an 83 fan myself (nothing against them, just haven't gotten one yet), but I don't think I've ever seen one in that nice a condition outside of the apparently stainless steel version on CZ USA's website. I know for certain that I've never seen a 9mm Makarov CZ 82 in that nice a condition. I dig the new (or is that civilian?) trigger guard on those, too.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I dig the new (or is that civilian?) trigger guard on those, too.

I've seen both the surplus and the civilian models with both the round and squared off trigger guards. I think it's just a new variation and doesn't indicate one or the other.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Blued steel and wood, just how God intended. Such a beautiful pistol.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've seen both the surplus and the civilian models with both the round and squared off trigger guards.

Thanks.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Awfully nice CZ. Nothing looks as good on a gun as blued steel and wood. You done good.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's literally beautiful.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Very nice - congratulations!

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Color me blue with envy.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
very nice!! I have a pair of them in 7,65....such great guns to shoot

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm envious. Never have found a nice CZ, Browning, or Mak in 380 or 9x18. Yours is simply outstanding.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That little pistol is a beauty !

Congrats !

Thanx for posting the pics.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It is a sweet heart of a pistol. I have seen CZ blued finish on a couple other models and it is high quality.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's beautiful!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty!

Posts: 92 | Registered: May 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
Very cool! I like the looks of that CZ!!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post