SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GERMAN P229 SPORT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GERMAN P229 SPORT Login/Join 
posted
I have a brand new German manufactured SIG Sauer P229 Sport. Steel frame, steel slide, bull barrel. It came with two magazines. I have spoken with Bob at The Firearms Depot where I bought it and he informs me that Sig Sauer in Germany do not have any more. Does anyone have any idea where I might fins two or three of these magazines. Thank you.

Posts: 15 | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
put up a wtb ad on a few sites!

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
What kind of mags are you looking for, the ones with the silver baseplate? What capacity, 10 or standard?

Regular P229 mags will fit and function just fine. However, if you want the ones like those that came with it, they are hard to find and usually come at a high price. They are discontinued and so in limited supply.

For example, there is one for sale on an auction site now for $150. However, there was a member here who made base plates which were almost identical in appearance and fit on standard P229 magazines.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Clarkie,
Presuming that you live in a FREE State, get yourself some 12 round P229 magazines.

Then contact Forum Member Brad Davis. He has replacement base plates for the magazines in both silver and black. Plus they are availble for German mags or Mec-Gar

I have these on 8 or 10 of my magazines. Even the ones that I use in my regular P229s.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
There you go, that was the member I didn't remember! Razz Wink

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
However, there was a member here who made base plates which were almost identical in appearance and fit on standard P229 magazines.

Thanks colt_saa