SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What Sphinx models were all Stainless.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Sphinx models were all Stainless. Login/Join 
posted
I know there were 1 or two options, looking on kriss's website i can't seem to find them.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
They made stainless and titanium guns but believe they were pre-Kriss. I have a few pics I'll edit and attach

My understanding is that Solothurn got bought by Sphinx and Sphinx got into financial trouble. The nice stuff (AT2000, AT3000, etc) are no longer made or at least imported to the US and they stick with the affordable stuff.

edit - wow, they're actually Kriss imported.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, Did they ever bring over the full sized stainless? I remember it was on their website, but I never did find one at a distributor level to buy.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Ah, Did they ever bring over the full sized stainless? I remember it was on their website, but I never did find one at a distributor level to buy.

yes, I believe so. They were silly expensive, like $4K-5K as I recall. I was emailing with someone recently who had a line on some 3000's and they were well into the $5xxx range.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well damn. I will keep searching

posted Hide Post
I have couple of the old 2000 Series Sphinx. Fortunately I bought them years ago when prices were halfway reasonable. The 3000 Series is great too, though I'm not one for rails.

I'm not a fan of the production grade SDP Series, but the high end 2000/3000 Series pistols are incredibly well made.

I can't speak for the 3000 Series in this regard, but the 2000 Series were never full stainless. They had stainless or carbon steel frames and carbon steel slides.

Below is a stainless frame with a Palladium finish on the carbon steel slide. I've had this one a while. Build quality is jewel-like. Even the roll markings are almost otherworldly in their precision.

Unfortunately, the last one I saw on Gunbroker brought over $4000 used and that was a while back. They very rarely come up for sale. I think the hand built guns Sphinx produced a while ago were some of the finest pistols ever built by anyone.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a AT 2000, 8-9 years ago. Loved the gun, guy walked up at the range and offered stupid money.

What i was really looking for is, the old catalog of the sphinx sdp, they had one model when first introduced that was a 17 round 9mm, all steel frame. IIRC stainless. I could never find it at a distributor, and Kriss kept saying it is coming.

I see you can get 3000's from kriss's edelwiess group.

https://edelweissarms.com/pistols/sphinx-systems.html

4800, is stupid, stupid levels of money. I will get another ted yost before i drop that kind of money on it.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Not what you’re looking for I’m sure but the SDP Duty model is the current 17 round model. Don’t compare in fine detail to the 3000 models but nice for $1000

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Here’s one of the new SDP pistols in all stainless construction

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1310010644

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the misery with Kriss, who literally f*ed up Sphinx Swiss, Sphinx is back under a new name; Phoenix Swiss.
Precision made Swiss handguns for the sportshooter by the founder of Sphinx, Armin Landolt.

Www.phx.swiss

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speedwobble,

thanks. the redback is the model i was thinking of. Though it was on the old sphinx website.

I am not familiar with what kriss did to sphinx.