SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trivia Question For Fans Of The Beretta 81
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trivia Question For Fans Of The Beretta 81 Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
Like a lot of other people, I found myself picking up both a Beretta 81B and an 81BB from the last batch of surplus. Prices were very good, and they're certainly fun to shoot.

Question: Did Beretta ever make an 81F or FS?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes....they made an F and an FS. They also made an 81(no letter). I have an 81, never fired as new in the box, built in 1981 which was the last year they made a no letter.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I have 3 81s - one of which is a an 81 FS with Bruniton finish. Love .32 in this platform.

Pic below of 1 81 BB, 1 84F and 1 81 FS. Have another 81 BB not shown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FlyingScot,

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of 81FS and love them. I have a threaded barrel for one of them and they are great suppressed.

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If you guys don't mind my asking, where did you find the F and FS?

posted Hide Post
I have several 81's, all but an F, have never seen an F for sale. Since this might be a pic thread here is my 81(no letter) never fired but fondled on occasion.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nice pics of fine looking pistols are always welcome.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
If you guys don't mind my asking, where did you find the F and FS?

Bought one from Gibson's Sporting in Kerrville, TX in 2019. Bought several others from various sellers on Gunbroker and forums. All of mine are 81FS because I like the decoking lever. I currently have 2 left in my collection. If you find a LNIB one, be prepared to pay a premium price.

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I was afraid of that. I'd love an 87, too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ I was afraid of that. I'd love an 87, too.

LOL....yes, you'll pay a premium for a LNIB 87 also. I recently sold all mine. They are gorgeous guns but I was thinning out my collection.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice pics of fine looking pistols are always welcome.

Well here's a couple of quick pictures of my 81FS models. Threaded barrel and grip panels are from Allegheny Gun Works (AGW). I have the original wood grips with Beretta emblems but don't use them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: QB Too,