SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EFK Fire Dragon Barrel Users??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EFK Fire Dragon Barrel Users?? Login/Join 
posted
I was inquiring if there are any members that have purchased the EFK Fire Dragon barrel for a Sig P6/225? If so, did it drop right in? Feeding and reliability issues? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one years ago for a p220 to replace a barrel that had bulged out from a squib I think. The lock up is extremely sloppy and loose as a coal burner. I sent a few emails asking if this was in spec and never got a response.

Posts: 20 | Registered: June 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 9mm barrel that locks up and shoots accurately. Dropped right in no problem. It's a P229.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not for a sig, my threaded EFK barrel fits my Five-seveN perfectly.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Had one for a Glock G19. Never any problems or questionable fitting issues with it. Recently sold it to a friend who needed it more than I currently do for his Glock/Poly80 build. But I would buy one again if the need arises.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 1 for a P229 recently and it dropped right in with no fitting issue. Seems to be a good barrel but I have not shot it yet.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put one in a P6.

It took a moderate amount of fitting. Definately not drop in.

I have discovered it also doesn't like HP's. I haven't really tried to fix that part yet, because it's in a gun that I only use for play.

In full disclosure, though, it's in a P6 that I brought back from having been de-milled, so the pistol was a little bit of a basket case.

The barrel is very accurate though.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in a Glock 29, a .40 conversion barrel. It came with the pistol. I have yet to shoot it or even put it in the pistol, but apparently the previous owner liked it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I've got a threaded EKG for my Glock 19 gen 4. It fits much tighter than my stock barrel but still works 100%. It is at least as accurate as my Glock barrel, but I don't know if it's "more" accurate or not because I haven't actually tried to shoot it any better than I normally shoot the pistol since it was supposed to be for a suppressor I never ended up following through on.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little more than 11 years ago, I bought one for a P229. It worked very well with the p229/.40. Then I recently found a used P229/357sig. The barrel fits right in and works as though it was made with the pistol.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one last year for a P6. Dropped in, but it is a good tight fit. Very accurate and no reliability issues so far including 115g Gold Dots. Only a couple hundred rounds through it though.

They were the only game in town for a P6/225 barrel that I could find.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several. Bought them to use in my Sigs 226,which were in 40 S&W. The conversation barrels worked fine with no problems. I bought another for my wife’s 40 to convert it to 9 mm and it had to be fitted. I later heard that production had moved to Korea.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Used one to convert my P226 from 40 to 9, dropped right in, locked up perfectly. Several thousand rounds through it without an issue.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post