SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Requesting information on p220st series.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Requesting information on p220st series. Login/Join 
posted
I recently found one in a local shop and instantly decided to buy. The gun feels great, however prior to stumbling upon this example I had not heard of this model. Is it's only distinguishing feature that the frame is steel? The slide feels heavier to me as well.

Any information and or personal experiences are appreciated.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you're used to the older stamped slides, that would make sense. I don't know if they are, but they feel it.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
All stainless steel. Hence, the heft.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The P220ST has been around for well over a decade. This is an earlier version with SIG's proprietary rail, circa 2002.

P220ST2right1k by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
SS slide and frame, so the slide will be heavier than a stamped carbon steel slide, and frame will obviously be heavier than an anodized aluminum version.

2005 P220ST with SIG rail, my nightstand gun.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
I recently found one in a local shop and instantly decided to buy.

Smart move. I can’t stay away from all steel SIGs. All mine have had trigger work including the SRT.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post