SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    September 2020... would you carry a P365 XL?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 2020... would you carry a P365 XL? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Fair point. I would probably prefer the long slide on the short body. I really need to try both.

That what I thought too. The reason I bought the XL was to create this setup. Turns out that even though I love the XL and the regular 365, I hated the 365L. The long slide threw the balance off and the 2 finger grip just didn’t secure the gun enough for me. I shot a couple hundred rounds through it but ended up hating it. I switched both guns back and just carry the XL now.

Thanks much for the perspective. That dulls the burning desire to try it, so that's cool, maybe later.

How big of a guy are you / what's your hand size, loosely?

I'm a naturally lean-ish 6ft 190 sort, guitar player hands, barely "large" sized I'd say, average to me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m 5’8 and wear a medium glove. I can get a third finger on the 365 but it’s just there for emotional support and doesn’t do a lot.

I didn’t have any mags with the pinky extension on them to try. It’s possible that with the extension on the 365 frame the XL slide would have felt more balanced but the XL frame was easy enough to conceal and felt so nice in my hand that I didn’t bother ordering an extension.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XL is my CCW like many others who mentioned it. My favorite CCW that I have owned for sure.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
The P365XL is my EDC.

I had both, 365 and 365XL and tried them both out as my EDC.
After range time, weeks of daily carry - it became clear... 365XL was the best EDC of the two.

Having 15 round magazines, a larger and much more comfortable grip in my decent sized hands, throw on the choice for an optic - I sold my 365.

I'm not a big guy, 6' 180lbs, and the 365 is easily concealed and comfortable for 3/4 o'clock carry.

Grab a P365XL and don't look back!

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Cool, thanks. I'm thinking of picking one up and giving it a try. Maybe the one with the optic included.

I kind of want both to put the XL slide on the little frame. That's a cool, CCO like, combo.

I went the other way and put an XL grip on a SAS slide. I like the XL grip better than the short grip w/ 12-rd mag for both feel and reloads.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post